( six )

"No, just pick a card John! It's not difficult!" Harley exclaimed, shoving the deck in Murphy's chest, the cards spread out in her hands as they walked

"No, just pick a card John! It's not difficult!" Harley exclaimed, shoving the deck in Murphy's chest, the cards spread out in her hands as they walked. She figured this would be the best way to clear any tension, for now, between them. Just awhile ago, Harley was thinking about having a serious deep conversation with him over what he's done, and now she realized that maybe she didn't know as much as she thought about him.

The group of five were hardly far away from the dropship when Finn, who told Clarke it was a suicide mission, seemingly changed his mind and followed them. He suggested that they break up their search party to cover more ground. He went off with Clarke, Bellamy paired with Wells, and Murphy was stuck with Harley. That was how the two found themselves wandering around, searching for Jasper. While Harley was looking for Jasper, she was also trying the card trick on the other but to no avail. She was hungry, thirsty, scared, and needed a distraction.

Murphy, who had put up with Harley and her deck of cards for long enough, was quickly becoming irritated. At this point, he looked like he had wanted to put her into a serious choke-hold. He stopped walking to glare at her harshly. "It's Murphy," he corrected in extreme annoyance, for what was probably the tenth time since they left the dropship. "And if I do will you stop talking?!"

"Most likely not," Harley answered a bit too honestly. She waited, her cards still outstretched in his direction, as Murphy had finally caved in and pulled out one of the middle cards. "Now look at it and memorize it, but don't tell me what it is." Murphy complied, flipping it over and studying it for a second. "Good, now put it back." He did so, and Harley took the deck back. She shuffled it a few times, remembering the steps that she had taught herself after being locked up for so long and picked out what she knew was Murphy's card, an Ace of Diamonds.

However, Murphy had barely reacted much to Harley's disappointment. "Congratulations, you're a magician," he snapped, shoving the card back in her hands. Harley frowned, tying the deck and shoving them back in her pocket where they belonged. He went back to walking, and attempting to ignore Harley again as she trailed behind him.

It was silent as they searched. Harley thought of Jasper first, how he was stabbed in the chest and dragged away, alive. She looked up as they walked, wondering if who had attacked him were in the trees and watching her with Murphy. She tried to push those thoughts out of her head and focus on the real task, finding Jasper, before the worst happened.

Harley brushed a tree branch aside that was in her line of view before speaking again. "So why did you do it?" She asked curiously, hoping for some decent conversation. Her heart was set on finding Jasper, alive but she couldn't help the spark of interest she's always had. For the past two years, she's been sitting in a box and wondering why no one believed her, and why Murphy did such a reckless thing when he knew the laws clearly. Harley deserved answers.

"Do what?" Murphy asked, not even bothering to look Harley's way. "Pick the Ace card? Usually it's random." He was being sarcastic, and clearly knowing what she meant but avoiding the question.