( seven )

"The Grounders cauterized the wound

"The Grounders cauterized the wound. Saved his life."

They had Jasper laying stretched out, his chest exposed to Clarke who studied whatever was on his chest and the wound. Harley was sitting by his head, her hand on his shoulder, her face creased with worry. He had been moaning and groaning since they brought him back yesterday, and all the delinquents were shouting for him to shut up, from either outside or inside the dropship. Every single time she'd flinch, wondering when they'd realize Jasper is worth saving, like every other human life.

"This is infected," Clarke continued in a mumble, referring to the wound. "He could be septic." She turned her head, directing her attention to Monty. "Any progress on using the wristbands to contact The Ark?" She asked, as he had been working on making contact since they left yesterday. "My mother would know what to do."

Monty shook his head, taking his concerned gaze off of his best friend. "That would be a firm no," he answered.

Harley shook her head, feeling defeated, as Wells squatted on the end of Jasper. "How's he doing?" He asked.

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke snapped, her frustrated voice echoing off the walls of the dropship.

"Hey," Wells said, gently. "I'm just trying to help."

All of a sudden, Jasper started to continue moaning louder in the middle of him. Clarke was hit with an idea, and she looked down before speaking. "Right. You wanna help?" She flicked her head between Wells and Harley. "Hold him down."

Wells complied, pressing his hands on Jasper's legs. Harley was unsure of what she would do, but pressed both her hands down on his shoulder's, holding him in place. Clarke's request caught the attention of Monty, who stopped moving his hands momentarily to look over at them. "I'm not gonna like this, am I?"

Clarke didn't answer. Instead, she pulled her knife out and directed it to his chest. With wide eyes, Harley watched as she pushed the blade into Jasper's chest, carefully and with skill, so she was only cutting away certain parts of his skin. Jasper screamed in pain at the contact, leaning his head back.

Unable to watch, Harley turned her head and squeezed her eyes shut, but kept the pressure of her hands on his shoulders to keep him from thrashing. "Hold him still!" Clarke had told them both. "I need to cut away the infected flesh."

The small door on the dropship floor flew open, and Octavia climbed into their level. "Stop it!" She shouted, falling to her knees in between Clarke and Harley. "You're killing him!" She exclaimed over Jasper's screams.

Harley opened her eyes and looked down to where Jasper still groaned and screamed in pain before looking at Octavia. "She's trying to save his life," she told her, calming the other who nodded back.

The small group was joined by Bellamy, who sneaked his way up to the level as well. "She can't," he retorted to Harley's explanation. Clarke ignored him, finishing cutting away the part of the wound that she had to. "Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy."