Chapter 49

Blood oozed from my neck continuously, making me feel light-headed.

I couldn't comprehend what was really happening, but one thing I was that I was in danger. And I needed to fight for my life at all odds.

Xavier was on top of me. Grinning widely, exposing his sharp fangs to me. He is going to kill me.

In a flash, he dug his face low, aiming at my exposed neck. Moving my head in time, I manage to duck.

Xavier was pulled from my body in an instant. His body thrown to the side like a ragdoll.

Soft fur nuzzled my neck, and from the looks of it I knew it was Zander. I gently stroke his fur, loving the feel it brought under my fingertips.

But looks like I had celebrated too soon. Zander's wolf was suddenly attacked by rogues.

Zander fought them off easily, but they kept coming in numbers. My breath hitched as I tried to get up, only to be pushed back onto the ground.

"I'll kill you, Alyssa," he dug his face once more. Using all the strength I could muster, I grabbed hold of his face, his fangs ripping my skin apart.

He removed my hand, thrusting his hand forward so that he was holding my neck in a death grip.

"I'll kill you, Alyssa," he muttered continuously under his breath, tightening his grip on my neck. Squeezing the air out of my lungs.

Black spots began to appear. My head felt woozy. I could barely speak from the amount of air passing through my lungs.

I was dying slowly yet surely and I knew it. I couldn't let myself or anyone down like this. I needed to fight back.

Lifting my arms from the dirt, I wrapped both my hands around Xavier's neck.

His eyes shone in shock, as he tried to bite off my hands, but he couldn't reach.

My elemental powers were in full swing now, and there was nothing Xavier or anyone could do about it.

Having no idea were the strength and power had come from, I pulled myself off the ground, taking Xavier with me.

This time the roles had changed. I was the one having a death grip on Xavier's neck, while he pathetically struggled for air.

"This is your last day, Xavier," my voice spat venomously at Xavier.

"Til date, you have planned to destroy my family. You went as far as trying to destroy my pack. And you dared to lay a finger on my mate."

My voice boomed theough the air, like a voracious tornado willing to destroy everything in its path.

"You dared to hurt my parents, torture my mate and you went as far as trying to kill your own brother. Deceitful and vile people like you don't deserve to walk the Earth."

The energy began to seep out of Xavier's body and into mine. Screams of terror coming from Xavier filled the air.

The snapping of bones tore through the air, as my hold on him, began to break his bones into pieces.

I could feel his body slowly weakening in my touch, as he began to turn into nothing more than dust.

Soon after, Xavier's body lay limply on the side. It was so thin, that it had swept away, turning into nothing.

Soon enough rogues began to flee, running further into the woods as the pack warriors went after them.

The cool wind blew into my hair, as my head began to feel woozy. Black dots appeared in front of me and then everything happened so suddenly.

I collapsed to the floor.

My name being called repeatedly as I swept into darkeness.

______________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. Thanks for reading.