Chapter 16

"Alpha Zander," I say breathlessly

"Alpha Zander," I say breathlessly. He is standing in front of me with an unreadable expression on his face. His eyes weren't on me this time, but they were focused on something that lay behind me on the ground.

Sh*t! He must be looking at the Forbidden Magic book.

"What are you doing in Section C, mortal," he asks in a cold, vile voice. With all the courage in me, I meet his eyes only to see the cold and hate in them. My heart sinks and I quickly look to the floor. I don't know what I've done to deserve this from him. My mate.

"Answer me! Before I tear you limb to limn and feed you to the dogs!" The venom in his voice made me tremble and back away from him. His eyes traced each and every of my movement. Not wanting to anger him anymore further, I make up something that will sound believable to him.

"Alpha... I... I," I couldn't speak properly. His anger has caused fear to risen more and more in me.

"I was just... I was just... I was just looking through the history of magic. I learnt a lot about magic when I was at school. I just thought I could maybe further my study... and... and... get to learn more about it," I finish off.

He stares at me intently. Without realising it, he takes slow steps towards me and I begin to back away as well.

Soon enough, my back is against the shelf. His looks down at me and I look up at him. Our eyes are locked in a never ending war as we stay in that position. He puts his hand on the side of my face and inches inches closer.

My breathe hitches as I feel his breathe fan my face slightly.

"I hope you are not one of them, mortal. If you are, I won't hesitate to ruin and kill you. Just like I do with all those who dare to go against me," he says in a cold deep voice before pulling away from me.

"Get out! And don't let me catch you here again!" He yells at me.

Tears begin to blur my vision as I try to hold them in. My heart feels like it's been stabbed a million times. How can his say such things to his mate? His Luna. The one that is destined to be with him.

I tear unwilling falls down my cheek. I slowly back away from him.

And without looking back, I run out of the library. Not sparing him a single glance.

○■○■○■○

I run down the hall and into my room, slamming the door.

"Al--" Lucas is stops speaking when I run to him and lay my chest on his head, crying silently. He sits on the bed and places me on his lap, wrapping his arms around me, rocking back and forth.

"What did he do to you?" Lucas' voice was cold. He knew exactly who did this to me.

"Can we please not speak about this Lucas? I want to forget about all this. Please, Lucas," I say between silent sobs.

Lucas nods in understanding and begins to whisper reassuring words in my ear.

Lucas is right. I should stay far away from Zander. He will only bring pain into my life. Today was only the beginning. Threatening me with death was only the start.

What he could attempt on my life the next day... only the Moon Goddess knows what could possibly be going on in his mind.