Chapter 14

"A Lesson in Fighting."

Elise's roar had only temporarily stopped the Triceratops. The massive dinosaur had stumbled slightly in her step, but she gave a defiant bellow before charging even faster. Elise didn't know what to do, and she had charged with gaping jaws to attempt to sink her teeth into the scaled flesh.

She hadn't realized that's what the Triceratops had wanted, and Elise gave a furious shriek when the sharp horn had made a deep cut in her leg when it clipped it. She didn't like seeing her white scales turn crimson, and she stumbled to the side when her opponent had given a fierce toss of her head.

Rexy suddenly gave a deafening roar that distracted the Triceratops, and Elise took her opportunity to ram her head into the muscled side; it had worked with the hard-shelled one.

But it didn't work this time.

The Triceratops only darted back before giving another dangerous swing of her strong horns. Elise roared furiously when she lost her footing as the horns struck her, and the air whooshed from her lungs when she landed hard on her side. Elise quickly pushed herself onto all fours, and snarled angrily as her scales shivered before turning their insidious crimson.

Elise gave another loud, shrill roar, and the Triceratops shook her head to clear her ringing ears. It didn't stop her from making another charge; she knew Elise was inexperienced in fighting large adults like her, but Elise was a quick learner. She made sure to be wary of the large spears, and angled herself in a way that her soft underbelly would avoid damage. She bit the crest as hard as she could while clawing around the Triceratops' face.

Her opponent gave a pained bellow before suddenly pulling back. Elise hadn't expected that, and she slipped forward before the hard skull collided with her own. Elise saw a flash of white as her head snapped back, and she stumbled onto her side.

A panic began to creep in her stomach when she couldn't get her back legs to push her up with her forelimbs. A scared whine slipped from her throat, and Elise gave a startled yelp when one horn suddenly thrust under her arm while her other was pinned to her side as the Triceratops wedged her in between her horns.

Elise didn't like the sharp nose digging inter her belly, and she struggled to get her footing when the Triceratops began to push forward. She was ignoring the furious Rexy, and Elise began to panic when she glanced behind her to see the buzzing cables creeping closer.

-------------------------------------

Lowery was pulling his hair out as he helplessly watched Elise desperately fight against the massive Alpha. The electric fence wouldn't kill her if she gave it a quick touch, but being pushed into it would be fatal.

Rexy was furiously pacing the fence as she gave thunderous roars that would overwhelm the audio on the cameras. The old Tyrannosaurus already had burns on her mouth from biting the cables; she knew how to get through the fence, but she couldn't bite through them.

Lowery jumped when Vivian suddenly yelled, "ACU! Get moving right now! Paddock Eleven Asset is being attacked by the Alpha! Mile Marker Three! Get there before Asset Nine breaks through the fence!"

They all stared at the bottom corner screen when the Commander desperately exclaimed, "The new Alpha took out Vehicle Two! It's down! Primary Vehicle isn't functioning properly! I don't understand this, we had this thing inspected this morning! ACU is on foot!"

Lowery licked his lips nervously when Elise gave a terrified shriek as she slipped closer to the fence. A flash of silver on the screen caught his attention, and Lowery saw Owen tearing along the fence on his bike. There was no way Owen would get there in time to do anything, and Lowery jumped again when Claire snarled on the mic, "Someone do something! Lowery, help Rexy take care of it!"