fourteen

After the meeting, I walked out leaving everyone behind. Once I got to my room I shut the door and leaned on it. I took a few deep breaths but they all came out shaky. I wanted to cry because I thought it would help but it wouldn't. After a minute there was a soft knock on the door.

"Sawyer? Baby, please open the door." I let my hair fall over my face before opening the door but as soon as we were standing in front of each other Kaden moved my hair.

I was expecting him to ask me questions but he just pulled me into a hug.

"I know you thought you had more time, we all did. But everything else can stay on schedule. I already talked to my dad and he said that our ceremony can wait until you are ready." I nodded into Kaden's chest.

"How about I go get us some lunch and we will eat up here." I nodded into his chest again but this time Kaden pulled away. He kissed my temple and I wanted to pull him back but my arms fell to my sides.

I changed out of my formal outfit and began to put on some shorts and a t-shirt. Before I could get the shirt on Kaden walked back in and when he saw me in just a bra he began to growl. He sat the tray of food down shutting the door and taking a step away from me.

Without telling myself to my feet started taking me closer to him and I couldn't figure out where the sudden courage came from.

"Kaden?" I placed a hand on his arm and his eyes locked on mine.

"You're driving me crazy baby." I smiled when he said that but the nerves came back and I started to cross my arms. Kaden stopped me.

"Don't hide from me Sawyer, please. You're beautiful and every time I get to see more of you, any part of you, it's my favorite part of my day."

"Kiss me." I heard myself say it and I couldn't believe I said it but I didn't regret it. Kaden's finger tips trailed up my sides stopping at the bottom of my bra.

"Mine." The way Kaden whispered in my ear sent shivers down my spine. I had expected him to kiss my lips but when his lips kissed my neck I gasped and moved so he had more room.

"Mark me." As I spoke Kaden pulled away. "I want everyone to know that I am yours."

Kaden smirked and kissed my lips this time. It was soft and slow, perfect.

"You are my girl. This is going to hurt but only for a second. I promise." I nodded.

Kaden kissed the spot before he bit into me and my scream from pain turned into a moan and my knees went weak but Kaden's grip on me held me up. He kissed my lips one more time but for longer.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

After that, we ate and relaxed for a few hours before I had to change back into formal clothing for the ceremony. I walked into my closet and closed the door so I could change. I decided on a baby blue lace dress that comes down to almost my knees. I paired it with white wedges and walked out of my closet.

Kaden was sitting on my bed waiting for me to come out and when I did he smiled.

"Wait there." I ran down to Aiden's room.

"Hey Aiden do you still have your baby blue tie?" he nodded and when he found it he threw it to me.

I ran back down the hall and made Kaden take his black tie off and put the blue one on.

"It matches my dress and your eyes." Kaden smiled again and we walked down to the kitchen together.

All of Grahams' family stood before us in the kitchen looking dressed but not really ready. Kaden walked over to Aiden who stood with his little sister and began to talk to them as Aaron and Sarah approached me. Sarah looked sad as Aaron pulled me into a hug.

"As you know your father and I were best friends growing up and I promised him a long time ago that if something were to happen to him that I would protect you as my own and I have. He wouldn't love the idea of you not being the Beta of this pack but he would understand the love that you hold in your heart for that boy. There is war upon us Sawyer and I believe Kaden will protect you with his life and that you will do the same for him. I ask that you refer to all of your training if the time comes and remember that you will soon be helping lead a pack."

I nodded to him knowing he was telling me all of the things that my father would be telling me if he was here. After that, we all walked to where the ceremony was going to take place. Graham walked onto the stage while Jason stood waiting on the right side. Kaden and I waited on the left and everyone else was in the crowd.

"Good Evening everyone. I know that this pack meeting was called last minute but we have a last-minute ceremony to perform. As some of you may know our pack and the Brooks pack has been threatened and in order to be fully prepared there are a few things that must be put into order."

I was extremely nervous and I had to pay close attention as to what to do because we had no time to rehearse or prepare really.

"First things first, Beta Sawyer Payne can you please join me?" I walked up the stairs and hugged Graham and as I did he whispered in my ear.

"Introduce Kaden and explain that you are mates. Say that you two are in love or whatever and then go into why you are giving up your title. Then ask Jason to accompany you and I'll take back over." I nodded and kissed his cheek before walking over to the microphone.

"I want to start off by thanking all of you for coming on such short notice. As many of you may remember this past Saturday was the 2 year anniversary of my parents' death. Before I get too far into my small speech I would like to take a moment of silence to remember our past Beta and his wife." The whole crowd went silent and I watched as everyone bowed their heads. My parents were very respected throughout the pack and there wasn't a dry eye at their funeral.

"Thank you for remembering my parents and respecting them even after they have passed. This past Saturday was also my 18th birthday and I have met my mate. Kaden, can you come up here?" I watched as Kaden had a small smile on his face.

"My mate is Alpha Kaden Brooks. I love him with my whole heart meaning that I must leave my Beta position to someone else so that I can be with my mate. My father trained me four days a week from the time I could walk so that I could be the best Beta I could be. I felt for the longest time that this position was the last piece of my father that I have left but I now know that I was wrong. When choosing who would take over I had to choose someone who I knew could be trusted and loved this pack as much and my father and I have. It wasn't an easy decision to make but once I decided who I was choosing I was confident in my choice. Alpha Taylor and I have worked with this individual day in and day out in order for him to be fully prepared for all of the responsibilities that follow. Delta Jason Torres can you please join me on stage?"

As Jason walked on stage I noticed that he was nervous but proud of himself as he should be. Jason and I walked to where we would need to stand for the ceremony. If anybody didn't know better it would look like a marriage. Kaden stood behind me and as I took a deep breath he put his hand on the small of my back calming me. Graham grabbed the microphone from the stand and walked to stand in his position.

"Sawyer Paige Payne, do you agree to give your Beta power and position over to Jason Carlos Torres?"

" Yes."

"Jason Carlos Torres, do you agree to use the Beta power and position to protect this pack and your Alpha with your life."

" Yes, I do."

Graham took a knife from the table behind him and Jason and I both sliced our palms and shook hands allowing the power to transfer from me to Jason. I immediately felt weaker and I watched as the power-filled Jason's eyes.

A/N

Sawyer has given up her Beta powers and given them to Jason. Let's all hope he's a great Beta

This chapter is dedicated to @crystal5466 who wrote She Belongs To The King the summary really caught my eye for some reason and I'm so glad I read it because I loved it.

You guyssss I met my goal for reads and actually exceeded it by 7 so thank you so much. I also got some votes recently which is amazing. I want to try to get 21 more reads so please keep reading and suggesting to your friends.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO