four

Kaden got in the driver's seat and as he drove off he talked.

"Okay so if we're going to be friends I think we need to get to know each other." I nodded along so he would know I was listening. "So, we'll play twenty questions. I'll ask a question we'll both answer it and then you'll do the same."

"Okay. This can only go so wrong." Kaden let out a laugh and I'd lie if I said it wasn't a cute laugh.

"First question, cats or dogs?"

"Dogs definitely, you?"

"Same." Kaden then added, "mostly because all cats hate me." I covered my mouth as a laugh escaped.

"How old are you?" It was an easy question but it was something I didn't know.

"17 but I turn 18 soon." I nodded.

"Me too."

"Okay, no more easy questions. Who was your first kiss?" I felt my throat begin to close so I cleared it and pushed away my nerves.

"His name was Hanson and I was 15." I watched as Kaden's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Well mine was Abigail Hayes and to this day she's still obsessed with me." It took everything in me not to audibly groan at the mention of her name.

"Do you remember when she had a nose job because she broke it?" Kaden hummed in reply "I was the one who broke it." 

Kaden laughed so hard he tilted his head back and for a second I was worried about him not looking at the road.  He laughed for a minute before asking what happened.

"It was only a few days into our Sophomore year and she tried to make fun of me. My dad was so mad at me." I remember the way he paced across our living room before yelling at me.

"What did he say?" I don't talk about my family much but I didn't think about it before I started recalling the memory.

Flashback

"Sawyer you cannot get into fights. You are the next Beta  and how do you think our pack members will take to their Beta being out of control and immature." He continued to pace back and forth not looking at me.

"Daddy I'm sorry but she was harassing me and I had to stand up for myself." I could feel the tears beginning to collect in my eyes but he hated to see me cry so I tried my best to push them away.

"Well you're a young woman now it's time to grow up and learn to use your words." I nodded knowing he was right but wishing he would realize I just need a hug.

"Yes sir."

End of flashback

"He was mostly just disappointed in me." I looked down trying my best to push back the tears as I think about the memory of my father. I miss him. I yawned after looking at the time realizing I had officially been awake 18 hours.

"Go to sleep, Sawyer. I'll wake you up when we get there." I nodded before leaning my head on my hand using my elbow to hold me up. It wasn't long before I drifted asleep.

I woke up to bright light and noticed I was in my bed. I was still wearing my dress from the ball but someone had taken my shoes off of me. I grabbed my bag and pulled my phone out and noticed I had a text.

His new nickname for me took me by surprise but I decided it was best not to question it

His new nickname for me took me by surprise but I decided it was best not to question it. Being around him was comfortable and talking to him didn't feel forced so maybe being this friend will be a good thing for me.

I carefully took the dress off and hung it up in my closet. I took a long shower taking my time knowing this is the most relaxing time I'd get.

When I finally got out I threw my hair in a big bun on top of my head not bothering to dry it. I put on a big long-sleeve T-shirt and shorts that were too short for the public. I could feel the water from my hair dripping down my neck but I didn't mind that much. 

I saw Sarah in the kitchen cleaning up and she told me that Graham still hadn't made it home from the night before. I groaned knowing he slept with that girl which really grossed me out.

"Well where's Aiden?" Sarah didn't look at me as she spoke because she was too focused on cleaning the mess breakfast had caused.

"Game room." I nodded even though I knew she wasn't looking and made my way to the game room with a bottle of water in my hand.

I pushed the door open expecting Aiden to be alone but that wasn't the case. He sat on the couch with Kaden next to him. Both of them too focused on the game to notice that I had walked in. I bent down and unplugged the TV and both boys yelled. I stood up laughing so hard my head tilted back.

"Nice legs, sleeping beauty. Now can you plug the TV back in?" I mumbled pervert under my breath as I felt heat rising through my face. But I plugged it back in as asked and dropped down on the couch between the boys. 

"What are you even doing here Brooks?" Kaden chuckled.

"So were going by last names now?" Kaden looked down at me and me up at him. He challenged me with a raised eyebrow but I didn't break eye contact. "Well if you must know, after carrying you to your room last night like the gentlemen I am I ran into your brother here. He told me I should come by this morning and hang out. So, here I am."

I didn't say anything back. I didn't really care that he was here I just wanted to bug him. I sat with them for the next two hours as they yelled about the other guys cheating and almost throwing their controllers. 

Aiden left to get a drink when Kaden nudged me "If I come back around five would you go bowling with me?" I stood up grabbing my water.

"Only one way to find out Brooks." I left and bumped into Aiden.

"I change my mind he's not so bad."

A/N

Ahhhh Kaden is flirtyyy.  I really hope y'all like his character because I do.

This chapter is dedicated to @HoneyJewelz who wrote His Nerd Next Door. This book was so funny and the characters were so well thought out. I'm a sucker for a bad-boy and nerd romance book so this was just my cup of tea.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO