five

After leaving the game room I went to my own room to read. I didn't pay much attention to the time as I read. It was easy for me to get lost in a good romance story. Often times it made me wish that I was a normal teenager and could be in normal teenage relationships.

I've gotten my heart broken before but I can't go into another relationship knowing I could fall for someone who isn't my mate.  I can't make myself do normal teenage things knowing that there is one person that the moon goddess made for me.

I turn 18 soon and when the time comes I will be able to fall in love again and the girly sided of me can't wait. I looked over at my little alarm clock to see that it was 4:15 meaning that Kaden would be here in 45 minutes. I put my book down and began to search for an outfit.

I decided on a dark grey short-sleeved crop top with ripped white jeans and black high top converse. I went into my bathroom and straightened my hair and put it into a ponytail. I put on some mascara but decided against any more makeup.

I went down stairs at 4:49 to see Kaden and Aiden talking and laughing. Before anyone noticed I was there Graham walked over to them.

"What are you doing here Brooks?" Kaden's smile dropped.

"I came to pick up Sawyer." Before Graham could say anything else I took another step and all three boys looked up to me.

"Are you going on a date with him Sawyer? You told me that you just bumped into him one day." Graham was looking at me like I had betrayed him.

"We're just going bowling as friends." he scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest and I could feel my patience running thin.

"Since when do you have friends?" That felt like a knife to the chest. I punched him in the face and watched as his head went back and his hand covered his nose.

"Since when are you a dick? Since when do you sleep around? Since when do you get to tell me what to do?" I left and could hear Kaden behind me.

I was halfway between Kaden's car and the house when I stopped.  Kaden put a hand on the small of my back and I looked up at him.

"You okay?" I just nodded and walked the rest of the way to the car with Kaden's hand on my back. He opened my door for me and I watched as he walked around the car.

"If you don't want to go anymore we don't have to." I shook my head.

"Let's go." Graham was not going to ruin the one night I hang out with a friend.

Kaden drove off and didn't say anything. I think part of him knew I just needed to get away for a bit. When we got to the bowling alley we both got out and still didn't say a word. After we got our shoes and sat down I decided to break the awkwardness.

"By the way I'm gonna kick your ass at bowling." Kaden smiled

"Is that right Payne?" I just nodded and laughed.

While we bowled there was a lot of trash talk. Every time Kaden would get a strike he would fist pump in the air and it made me laugh every time. We played two games and I won the first two but let him win the last one. Of course, I'd never tell him that.

We ate in between games and he made me laugh enough to forget about my fight with Graham. But if I knew my brother when I got home he'd be sitting at the end of my bed with a single red rose to apologize.

As Kaden pulled into my driveway I looked up to my room to see my lamp on. He was in my room. 

"Are you gonna be okay?" I nodded and looked over to Kaden. "If you need me just call."

"Thank you, for tonight. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye sleeping beauty."

"Bye Brooks."

I saw him smile before I got out. As I hopped up the stairs I took a deep breath. I opened the door to see that I was right and my brother was on my bed. But today he held two roses.

"Bubba?" He had his head in his hands and when he looked up at me I could see how red his eyes were.

"I'm sorry Sawyer."  He pulled me into a hug and squeezed me almost too tight. "Everything came out wrong because I was upset and I know that it's no excuse. I feel terrible."

I pulled away and sat next to him "Why do you hate him so much?"

"When we were younger and our packs decided to train all the kids together he was there. I don't think you remember because it was before you and Hanson started dating but y'all were already getting close." The mention of Hanson made me feel like I could throw up.

"Well, I was pissed because I thought the whole idea was stupid and he was just cocky. But he was a good fighter and one day I just had enough of everyone and I punched him in the face and we fought for a long time. Ever since then we've hated each other. Now I'm losing you to him."

The reason for them not liking each other was stupid but I knew it was a thing boys do. But it hurt my heart to think that Graham thought he'd lose me. "Graham I am not going anywhere. You will not lose me because you are my best friend. You have always been there for me no matter what. The second I need you, you're there. Plus Kaden and I are only friends."

Graham let out a little laugh and a smile broke out on his face. "That boy is going to fall in love with you whether you like it or not." I wanted to know what he meant by that but before I could ask he turned to me. "This rose is to say sorry for what I said today and this one is to apologize for how I've been acting recently."

I hugged him again and sat the flowers on my bedside table "You're forgiven." Graham kissed my head before leaving. I hated seeing him hurt so much but I'm glad he apologized for hurting me.

I put the flowers in a small vase I had and put it on my bedside table. I pulled my phone from my pocket and had a message from Kaden

I locked my phone and threw it down on the bed so I could go take a shower

I locked my phone and threw it down on the bed so I could go take a shower. I got ready for bed and sleep took over quickly.

A/N

So, Graham was a dick and then apologized and  Kaden and Sawyer went on a date type thingy. A lot happened and there's even more to come ;) I updated a day later than normal but it's okay lol.

This chapter is dedicated to @solacing who wrote Paper Trails. This book was by far one of my favorite stories. I fell in love with the main male character and I just loved the relationship in it. While yes it had it's faults, like all relationships, it was so pure and I just couldn't get over the way reading it made me feel.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO