Chapter 18: At This Point, You Must be Kidding...

Y/N's P.O.V.

    I returned home a week later on a dark, stormy night.  Turns out, the boy that had saved my life had paid my entire hospital bill, in which I am sure was not cheap.  I was hoping that Michael had broken out of jail and would be there when I had completed my quest of stumbling my way home in the rain. 

    I looked up quickly to check which road I was coming up upon.   I was just about to look when I saw to the left the Myers' house.  I stopped for a short second before quickly walking up to the door.  Oh, Michael...  I prayed.  Please... Please have escaped by now!  I was thinking desperately to myself. 

    I quickly ran up to the door and yanked it open.  I went to stand in the middle of the house: the kitchen. 

    "Michael?"  I called quietly.  "Michael, are you here?"  I waited for a reply and I got one.  It was silence.  I sighed.  I ambled into the living area and slumped down onto the couch, tears brimming my eyes. 

    I had no idea whatsoever what I was going to do.  It was dark, Michael wasn't here, and I was scared. I didn't even know where the jail was! One thing was for sure. When he gets out of the jail, we are definitely not sticking around this stupid town...

I decided to get up and eat something. It was dark so I grabbed a flashlight and headed into the kitchen. I was reaching for the handle of the refrigerator but stopped. My hand dropped and I decided to look elsewhere. I turned around and shined the flashlight to the counter, only to find some old fruit.

I grabbed for an old pear and it was only a little bit soft, so I ate it. I sat back down on the couch and ate, growing more and more tired every second I sat. I finished the pear, stood up, walked over to the window, opened it and threw the pear outside. I felt a smile creep across the side of my face but it quickly diminished.

I sat down and fell into deep thought. They won't kill him, will they? I questioned my conscience. I mean, after all, he may have killed like, eighty people? I sighed. But he didn't kill me. Why? Great. Now I have another question to wonder and worry about. But before I had the chance to wonder or worry any longer, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

*Dream*

I was walking towards a brightly lit building. I had no control over my body, and I walked right inside. I looked to my left and saw a desk. A police was sitting at the front desk, and I realized I was inside of a jail.

I kept on walking past cell after cell, peering inside as I did. Finally I stopped in front of one and looked inside the dark area. I searched the cell with my eyes until I noticed a shaded figure sitting in the center of it. I tilted my head and moved closer and the person inside whipped their head in my direction.

I couldn't breathe. From the other side of the bars, stared Michael. He had his mask on and it made me uneasy. He just stared at me and I stared back, wondering what to do.

Before I could do anything more, Michael was right I front of me, his hands pressed to the bars. My heart skipped a beat and he tilted his head. I exhaled a shaky breath and shuddered.

"Michael?..." I whispered slowly, raising my hand to head level and gripped the bars of his cell. I saw his eyes blink from inside of the mask as he tilted his head in the other direction. Suddenly, the world went dark and quiet.

*Dream Ends*

I shot up and off the couch in a cold sweat. The dream was not scary, nor was it a good dream, but it startled me. I held my head in my hands and breathed slowly, focusing on calming myself down. I had no idea why in the world I was getting so worked up, but I was far from enjoying it. 

    I was clearly aware that I was going to get no sleep whatsoever this night, yet I still sat on the couch, not knowing what else I would do.  I sighed and stretched, tossed and turned.  Sleep continued to evade me.  What would Michael do?  I thought at last.  I almost smiled to myself.  I thought about it and finally came up with an answer. 

    He would probably stare out one of the Windows for the entire night or something a murderer would do.  That was one of the very few times I had considered him a murderer.  I mean, I know that's what he is, but he was more than that. 

    I gave up my thoughts and stared blankly into the enveloping darkness.  God, what time is it?!  I was getting frustrated now.  I took hold of the flashlight and shined it to the clock on the wall.  The clock, which I'm sure was on time, read an agonizing midnight.  I clicked the flashlight of and let it fall to the floor with a loud thud.

    I was determined to continue laying on the couch for the rest of the night, sleep or not.  I was exhausted, but sleep would not come.  For a minute or two, I considered getting up to turn on the radio or television.  After a few more minutes of thinking, I decided against  it. 

    Instead, I decided to play a movie in my head.  The only movie that I knew inside out was Labyrinth, so I decided to think of that.  

    I thought of when Sarah was rehearsing in the park with her dog, Merlin.  She went home when it was seven o'clock, got in trouble and stormed up to her room. 

    When her parents left, she wished young Toby away, terrified when he actually disappeared and Jareth was there.  Sarah begged and begged the King of the Goblins to return her brother.  Jareth finally gave her a chance at it by going through his labyrinth.  Sarah agreed and went on her way. 

    At the bottom of the hill and near the gates into the labyrinth, she met a small fellow named Hoggle.  Hoggle was quite an odd creature, and he definitely wasn't the nicest.  Sarah, after finally getting into the gates and into the labyrinth, met a worm.  The friendly worm invited her for tea, but she kindly turned him down and the worm told her which way to go.

    That was as far as I got before I fell into a deep sleep, finally relaxed.  It was a dreamless sleep, just the way I preferred it. 

--------------------------------------------

I AM SO SORRY!!   The reason in which I didn't update for forever was because I had no ideas.  None.  For the story, I was basically brain dead but I'm back.  I'm ready and prepared to finish this book for good!   I have all of my ideas mapped out and there's not much more of the book left that I have to write.  I hope you enjoy the rest of it, and I'm sorry!

  I hope you enjoy the rest of it, and I'm sorry!

Ha ha. Pet Sematary Meme time.  I made this one, it's my very own. 
I ♥️ Crazy Clancy