Chapter 15: Disaster Strikes

Y/N's P.O.V.

It was the beginning of March, and at this time, I'd had a visible baby bump.  Michael had become very protective of me, and at every sound he jumped for his knife.  He barely slept, knife on the dresser when he did.  That Dr. Loomis guy was always in Haddonfield looking for Michael, but Michael was having none of that.  He kept talking about how he was going to wipe him out once and for all, so that he would never get the chance to bother us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    This happened to be one of those rare times that he slept, and I was curled up next to his warm body.  There was a creaking in the wall, and he awoke with a jolt.  He was going for his knife, but I grabbed his wrist to stop him. 

    "Hey, hey, Michael..."  I said quietly and he turned to face me.  "It's okay, it was just the wall, don't worry..."  He sighed and wrapped his arm tighter around me.  He began to twirl my hair through his fingers, making me laugh.

    "Oh, Michael, I love you so much..."  I told him as he laid his hand on my stomach.  I rested my head on his shoulder and focused on his hand and grabbed it in mine. 

    "And I love you too, Y/N,".  He nuzzled my ear with his nose and continued.  "Anything for you..."  He snuggled closer to me as he spoke, making me happy.

We sat there for a little bit, then eventually got up and got to work. I walked into the kitchen and went to the sink, looking out the window that Michael had repaired over the past five months. I looked out of the window at the tree and saw someone. The person saw me and fled down the road, running into a house across the street.  I began to laugh at the cowardice of the guy, I mean, he just ran.  There was nothing to run from. 

    "Why are you laughing, Y/N?"  Michael's voice asked from behind me.  "What's so funny about the window?" 

    "Oh, nothing,".  I told him as he tilted his head and walked over to me.  "I'm just in a good mood, I guess.  Oh, what time is it, by the way?"  He thought for a second and then answered. 

    "About ten thirty, or sometime around eleven.  I don't really know for sure, actually..."  I paused and my jaw dropped.

    "Seriously?  Is it really almost eleven?"  He nodded cautiously.  "We probably overslept!  But actually, I doubt that because you need some extra sleep, Michael.  You barely sleep anymore..."  I said sadly as I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he looked at me achingly.

"I can go without sleep, Y/N,". He said, pulling me close to his chest. "You and the baby need protection. Dr. Loomis is out there somewhere, probably going to make an appearance at any time, and I really don't think that you should be in the middle of it..." I hugged him, realizing that he was probably right about this crazy Loomis guy.

"Thank you, Michael..." I whispered to him, craning my neck up to kiss him. "For everything..." He smiled at me and caressed my cheek with his large, cold hand. He cupped my cheek and I leaned into the touch, placing my hand on his. We pulled into a hug and stood there for a minute or so. We parted and thought about what today's plan would be.  Michael said that if I wanted to, I could do whatever I wanted today and he'd take care of everything else.  I told him that I could do some things today but he was resilient to that idea.  He wanted me to take the day off, but I've got to do something.  I can't just sit around the whole day... 

    "Oh, Michael,".  I whined after he insisted that I take the day off.  "I want to do something!  Hey, if I take the day off, you must as well!"  I crossed my arms and looked him in the eyes.  He closed his eyes and sighed.