Chapter 12: A Day with Michael

Y/N's P.O.V.

I awoke with my head resting on a little red pillow. I tried to move but my body rung with pain when I tried.  I did move my head to look around the room, but my eyes felt swollen. I looked around the room I was in, then I realized that the bed wasn't mine. Where am I? I thought to myself as I tried to remember what had happened last night.  I finally remembered. 

    I remembered that my mom had been drunk and went completely and utterly crazy.  She brought home this weird guy named Brad, and I have no idea whatsoever what he was doing in our house.  I began feeling a deep hatred for my mom, for she was the one who had told Brad to beat me, then, at long last, to kill me. 

    A silent tear rolled down my face but I didn't bother to wipe it away.  I lay there, head on the pillow, thinking of where I might be.  It finally occurred to me that I was probably in Michael's house.  Wherever he is, he's not in the room with me...  I thought as I mustered strength and sat up.  My body surged with pain and I whimpered. 

    Just then, the door opened, and in came Michael with his mask on. He noticed me trying to stand and he slowly shook his head. I ignored him and rose to my feet, slowly walking towards Michael. I was almost to him when I stumbled and he caught me.

I looked up into his dark eyes, shadowed by his mask and the room's dim light.  He looked back at me, blinking his eyes slowly as if he was taking in every feature of my face. He swept his rough hand over my cheek, and I leaned into him. I put my head on his broad chest, listening to the great beating of his heart. He rested his head on top of mine and pulled me closer still.

"Y/N,". He spoke up, drowning the silence that was becoming quite deafening. "I know you want to go and get your mother, but-". I cut him off.

"I don't want to,". I said, surprising him. "She wanted him to kill me, even though she was drunk. I'm her daughter... It shouldn't... It..." My voice cracked and tears began to run down my face.

"Shhh..." Michael said as he wrapped his long arms around me and he sat us down on the bed. "I hate to see you so upset. It wasn't her. Something happened, and this man she brought home got a little too up to her head,
Y/N..." He took off his mask and nuzzled his face into my hair, comforting me quite a bit.  He continued after a few seconds.  "But hey, you've got me now..."  He brought joy to me and I chuckled softly .

    "Yes,".  I said smiling.  "At least I have you, Michael."  With his head in my hair, I could feel his cheeks raise.  He was smiling. I wiped the tears away and tried to focus on the now, which was quite painful due to the wounds inflicted upon me last night.

I sat in Michael's lap on the bed for about ten minutes before we smelled
something burning. Michael sighed and then spoke. "Breakfast is ready..." I turned and looked at him. I had a shocked expression on my face, and he smiled. His smile was so nice, so I started smiling, too.

"Oh, Michael..." I said, face palming and making him chuckle. I gave him an expectant look and he cocked his head. "Well?" I said, shrugging my shoulders that were aching. "Aren't we going to go downstairs and, you know, make sure nothing's on fire?" He finally nodded his head and I tried to get off of his lap.

"Nope." He muttered, picking me up bridal style and walking out of the room. He's so strong...  I thought as he swiftly walked towards the stairs. 

"What? No!" I said as he smiled and continued to walk. "Michael, I can walk..." He didn't say anything until he strode into the kitchen and set me down at the table. Then, he spoke.