Chapter 23

I had to drive into town.

We've all agreed on Chinese, and being the only one that was actually mature enough, I left.  I stopped at the closest Chinese restaurant that I knew of thanks to the help of google maps, and order something simple. 

It was going to take long before the order was ready, I knew that. I didn't call ahead of time, so I estimated a good 10 to 20 minutes. 

I sat in the closest booth to the counter, and pulled out my phone. It was only 5 in the morning, when I turned for a split second at the window. I let out a sigh,  turning back to my phone, until something brought me back towards it. 

I don't remember exactly what I saw, but I knew I saw something. And something that wasn't supposed to be there too.  

I was about to leave when a call brought me back. My eyes darted towards the desk, and I saw a little women pushing a bag fill of food onto the counter.

I rushed over, paying, and quickly walking towards my car. My keys were in my hands jiggling  as I ran.  Placing the food down next to me, I strapped the seatbelt around it tightly, before driving off. From the corner of my eye I could see two men in pitch black suits taking their sweet time to their shared car. 

I drove off without hesitation in my speed. I knew I was being followed, but I had to come up with a plan that seemed flawless. So the parking lot came to mind. 

I pressed the gas pedal and began to speed down the street not to fats that the police would be hot on my tail, but just fast enough that I wasn't missing any green lights.

As soon as I though the coast was cleae, I saw the car again. It was in my rearview mirror when I came up with a plan. It wasn't going to be easy, but what is now.

The plan was simple. I will lose them in the parking lot, where I'll ditch the car, and call to make sure everything at the Fort was okay.

It seemed easier than ever except the fact that I've passed closer parking lot for the next 20 minutes. So I had to drive back around to even come close to it again.

They drive without care, as they were literally behind me. I saw them through my mirror,  and took a hard right.

The cars seemed to be drive in a order that I knew I could predicted.  I swerve the car every direction, until they were barely a few cars down.

That's when I hear the sirens.  The blue and red light flash towards me, but I kept on driving. Unlike them, I was caution, so when the cops seemed to stop the ones following me, I found my exit.

I drove right into the parking lot on the 3 floor, and locked the car. I took the food, and walked away, pulling my phone to my ear.

It was ringing, but no one answered. Kian and Olive had to be in trouble or something, because I've told her always to pick up her phone.

Unless she was... sleeping.

I shook my head, and called the only person I knew to help out.

Damien.

I was relief that he was nearby, qnd could pick me up in less than a minute. So when he got here I gently toss the food in the back.

"Is that food?" He asked.

I looked back at him. Damien pouted,  pushing his bottom lip out. While I raised a brow, and shook my head.

"Ir only got enough for 3." I told him.

He rolled his eyes, keeping his eyes on the road. "Sure you did." He commented.

I scoffed, laughing at his behaviour. "What's up with you now?"

"Maybe the fact that my best friend won't share a bit with me." He whined.

"I told you-"

"Yeah, 3 people."

The entire ride consist of him trying to get at the food. At one point I gave up, mainly because he did drive me here, and he was getting annoying.  He reminded me of annoying dog soemtimes, maybe that's another reason my mom used to call him a puppy.

Damien pulled up to the safe house, but something was off.

I knew it.

"Let's check it out." He suggested.

I nodded, following him out the car.

He turned to me, "did you bring anything?"

He was referring to my weapons. "Shit!" I said loudly.

The one time I forget them,I need them the most. I mentally slapped myaelf, as I told him no.

Damien shook his head, pulling out a classy 22 revolver.

"This is a baby gun." I complain.

"You either take it, or find a stick."

I groaned, taking it in my hand.

We sneaked in through the back, climbing up the stairs on the building. When Damien opened the door slowly, not a single voice came through. 

It was quite, too quite.

________

Sorry about being gone for almost a month I had to catch up with everything especially with finals,  but since it's over I can finally get back to my normal schedule.

Every update on Mondays, and I hope you like this after the long pause

Comment, like, &share