Chapter 16

She fell asleep in the car. I had driven to my father's house, and went into his closet.  In a box there was a bunch of black credit card for traveling.  And right now, we were traveling.

I grabbed a couple, and shoved them down my jean pockets, before running out to my car.

I buckled up and drove down a hotel as undetected as I could possibly do. For the corner of my eye, I could see a black car approach behind me,  following me behind.

I pulled up to the hotel, parking my car on the only free spot I could find. Which so happened to be on the other side of the street. It wasn't as bad as the last time I had to park my car here, so this was like an upgrade .

By the time I had parked, she had woken up. The side of her face looked squished together as she flutter her eyes open and closed.

She looked around taking in the surroundings.  "This isn't your dad's house. " she states.

"Yeah, I know. It's a hotel."

I get out, and she follows. I grabbed her hand and run across the street all the way inside the building and towards the receptionist.

He wore a green and brown uniform,  and was bald too. He smiled at me, as I pull out  my card.

I was just happy I didn't look trasty, and dirty. "Well like a suit please."

He smiles even wider, taking my card, checking the hotel data before handling me my card and a room key.

We took the elevator without looking at each, with a gap between us. Olive kept rubbing her shoulders, maybe because she was nerves.

Not like anything was going to happen. I'd made sure of that.

As soon as we got into our room, I threw my bag on the bed, a long with myself.

She looked around taking in the scenery.  "Its nice." She says.

"Yeah it is." I paused taking a deep breath. "We're going downstairs and getting new clothes."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because we've been wearing the same clothes for almost 5 days."

Olive nodded, agreeing with me. "Can I order something. "

I shook my head, remembering the black car that follower us all the way here. "To be safe, don't order anything."

"Why? Is the food poisoned?"

"It could be."

Her face dropped. "It was joking."

"Well I'm not. "

I stood up, picking up the bag, and hiding it under the bed. My gun was already on me, I wasn't taking any chances.

I walked over to the door, signaling her to follow. "You coming? "

"I have to."

I chuckled watching as she walked passed me towards the elevator.  I assumed it would be silent like it was before, but she decided to ask a question.

"Why do you call your dad father?"

It should be a easy answer, but I didn't feel like answering it. My body shrivel up, as she asked that question, but I had to give an answer to shut her up for now. Because I knew she'll answers again, it was obvious.

"It's personal. " I say just as the elevators doors open. 

I walked away , speeding out of that hotel. We walked passed a few stores before I stopped.