Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to @Khine3096 for being my first vote EVER!!!!! Go check out her profile and give her a follow! Thank you so much!❤️❤️❤️
---------------------------------------------------
EDITED. 7/22/18.

"Luna! Did you take some of my clothes?!" I yell, searching through my closet. Luna pokes her head into the doorway, her blonde hair pulled back into two French braids.

"No," she scoffs, "but it looks like you have some of mine." She points to a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a T-shirt with Namaste At Home printed across the chest in blue lettering.

"Maybe they're just in the wash," I mutter to myself.

Luna snorts and bounds back downstairs.

I decide on a pair of sweats and a baggy tee. When I get downstairs, Kayla is sipping coffee from an old mug while Luna is rummaging through the fridge for some apple juice.

"Morning," Kayla greets, her voice a little hoarse.

"Morning," I reply, sitting across from her.

Luna turns to me and grimaces.

"Oh, honey. Are you trying to get Devin, or are you trying to make him run away screaming?" she smirks.

"Neither. We're just friends," I respond lamely.

"That's rich." Luna cackles, throwing her head back for effect. "I know what 'just friends' means, and it usually means something along the lines of friends with benefits."

"Don't be gross." I grimace.

Kayla raises her eyebrows. "At least make an attempt to deny it," she teases.

I roll my eyes.

"Devin and I are just friends—not friends with benefits. We are strictly in the friend zone," I proclaim dramatically. I raise a single brow at Kayla. "Better?"

"Eh. Coulda' been better." She shrugs, blowing a piece of her flowy brown hair out of her eyes.

"You guys are awful." I roll my eyes.

Kayla and Luna snort simultaneously.

"Morning, little sisters—JESUS CHRIST!" Haiden greets before tumbling down the stairs. He lands on the floor with a thud.

We're all silent, including Haiden, before Luna, Kayla, and I all begin to laugh uncontrollably.

Haiden glares at us.

"I...can't breathe!" Luna shrieks, rolling onto her back.

Haiden pushes himself off the ground, scowling. "Did any of you make breakfast?" he grumbles, searching through the fridge.

"You won't allow me in the kitchen," I remind him.

"Ugh," Haiden grunts, pulling out a PopTart.

Kayla sighs loudly. "I have to go. Mom is having a mini freak out 'cause I didn't tell her I was staying the night. Bye, guys." Kayla gives a small wave before standing from the table and leaving the house.

"Love you!" Luna screams just before Kayla shuts the door.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

Luna's phone pings. She reads it over before groaning. "I have a birthday party today. See ya'."

"Please don't leave me," I whisper dramatically.