20. Day Twelve

Quincy sighs and hangs up the phone. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, she hears Lopez move, and turns around to see he’s awake. “Who was that?” he inquires. Quincy rests her face into her hands and shrugs.

            “Just Raven,” she answers.

            “How’s she doing?” Lopez leans up on the bed and yawns, stretching out his arms and releasing all tension in his body. Quincy turns her head to watch him, she sighs.

            “Fine. I just wish she’d come back for her birthday though,” Lopez reaches his arm out to the ground to pick up a white tee, and Quincy watches as he rises up to slip his arms through the shirt hole, she bites her lips and stares down at his washboard abs and begins to sweat.

            Lopez notices her as he slips through the neck hole of the shirt and smiles, “well. Nothing we can do about it.”

            “I just realized how attractive you are doing simple things,” Quincy immediately changes the topic.

            “You only notice that now,” Lopez replies back, softly.

            Quincy chuckles, “oh, shut up.” She says before coming in closer to Lopez, pressing her lips down on his until he’s lying back down on the bed.

            “Had fun last night?” Jacen asks, sitting beside Prius in his car.

            “I can barely remember last night, so, yeah probably,” Prius laughs. “Why, did you miss me?”

            “I was there, Prius,” Jacen raises an eyebrow.

            “That was you I was making out with!” Prius gasps, shocked. “Hmm, no wonder he was good at it,” she says, seductively.

            Jacen smirks. “So, that Malcolm character. He’s a cool guy.”

            “You met Malcolm?”

            “I helped him and Lopez get you guys out of there safe,” Jacen explains.

            “Oh, well. Yeah, he’s pretty cool.”

            “Maybe, a little, more than cool?” Jacen implies more strongly.

            Prius raises an eyebrow, suspiciously, “why you ask?”

            “I dunno, it just seems. Yesterday, when we were leading you guys out of the club, you insisted Malcolm take you. And you started murmuring something else, but I didn’t really hear.”

            She gulps, “oh.” Prius begins to twirl a curl in her hair.

            “Prius,” Jacen’s hand reaches her leg and is gently placed on it. “Were you and Malcolm, ever? An item?”

            Prius goes completely silent, after a few minutes she releases a deep breath and moves Jacen’s hand from her knee. “No.”

            “No?”

            “We kissed. Once. Like, five years ago.”

            “Anything ever escalate?”

            “Nah,” there’s a sense of hurt in Prius’s voice. “He met Raven. What do you care anyway?”

            “I don’t,” Jacen lies.