17. Day Ten

"Why don't we do this more often?" Alosa inquired. The gang walked into the town's local arcade.

"What? Hangout?" Prius clarified. "Well the main reason is we all live states apart."

Quincy agreed, "plus we've all developed separate lives. Sad to admit but it's true."

"I suppose," Alosa sighed. "I just miss our old routine."

"Actually," Lopez budded in. "So do I. I mean, for us, everyday was a party, it was always fun."

Masslie guffawed, "yeah. So, smuggling beer and buying fake I.D's to get into college parties is your definition of fun?"

Quincy chortled along with Masslie. Lopez rolled his eyes.

Raven sat alone at a dine table in the food area of the arcade. Her arm was bent out as she leaned on it with her back slouched. Watching as Lopez wrapped his arms around Quincy as they played miniature hoops, Prius as she flirted with Jacen over the phone, and Masslie and Alosa failing at skee ball.

"At one of our favourite places when we were teens," Malcolm walked over, "and yet you're sitting all alone watching everyone else have a good time."

Raven shrugged. After her conversation with Alosa, she really wasn't in the mood to be friendly with Malcolm at that moment. "What can I say? I've grown out of arcade games."

"Pfft. Typical Raven Watson, thinks she's so mature over everyone else," Malcolm exaggerated. Raven giggled and tapped his shoulder lightly. "Come on, how about I win you the biggest plush ball of fur this place has?"

"Thanks but no thanks, Malcolm. I'm not feeling it."

"No way. You are not turning down a massive teddy bear!"

"Fine, if I allow you to win me my teddy bear, will you leave me alone?" Raven laughed.

"No promises."

"My friends aren't the paparazzi, you should join us," Prius insisted to Jacen over the phone.

"It's a public place Prius, I can't risk it," Jacen answered on the other end of the call. "But tonight I'll definitely be thinking about you."

"Like that matters at all," Prius muttered. "If I'm not there then there's no fun."

"You know I'd want to, it's just. I have an image, and that I'd like it not to be all over the latest Hollywood news."

Prius stared blankly in front of her, not responding back to Jacen. Just thinking, what's she doing? Dating a guy that she can barely be in public with? Usually she'd love that idea, but not now. Jason was her middle school best friend, not Jacen the famous comedian actor.

"Prius?" Jacen repeated, "Prius."

Escaping her bubble, Prius woken into reality once more. "Yeah I'm here."

"I was starting to think you hung up on me."

Prius smiled, "not just yet lover boy. I have to though, now. I think I'mma go shoot some pixels."

"Alright. Come over tonight?"

She bit down on her lip and released a sigh, "I'll think about it."

Malcolm tossed his last dart forward towards the standing balloon. Popping it, making ten balloons he's popped in the last few minutes. "Yes! That'll be one large panda for ma lady." Raven chuckled, watching from the sides.