Chapter 29 - Because...

~ Author's Note ~

Hahaha, I'm so happy! Thank you for coming this way with me! ^.^

Let's begin a poll to save poor Sylvia from her unavoidable death! ._.)/ Okay, there's no deads or deaths in this story, don't worry, it can still be rated A... or B, maybe...? I dunno how rating works in other places. Sorry~!

Still, a new photo for the NtDE album, haha. And, awww... That declaration! <3 *-*)/ Go, go, go and read now, sugarcube~!

Enjoy nwn

~ × × × ~

(Name) lifted her head up, Peepers restraining her "Wander...!!"

"(Name)!"

"STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW!!" shouted Dominator, throwing a fireball to the roof. A big amount of debris fell on some watchdogs, followed by the falling roof that squashed them, but she didn't care "Listen, orange furball! I won't harm your other blue horse friend, if you hand (Name) over to me!"

"Zbornak, girl! Z-BOR-NAK!!"

"And why don't you, uh... finish... finish your work and hand Wander over TO ME!!" exclaimed lord Hater, maybe trying to look cool before the girls.

"Just hand over yourselves and everything will be fine." said the villainess "Oh, no! No, not for you. But for us!"

With two hands aiming right at their friends, menacing them with lightning and fire, one to Sylvia and the other to Wander, (Name) didn't know what to do. Her backpack and rope were taken away from her; she was practically defenseless.

Now she had to make a decision, as well as Wander did have to.

He would never betray her.

She stared at him, wanting to find the answer in his lively eyes... but Wander was totally crestfallen, sinking in sadness for his actions and the secret he hid from his friends. The black shadow was right.

He clouded his heart.

(Name) couldn't bear to watch at the endearing taveler like this, and Sylvia's worried face presented itself before her. The hunter hesitantly stood up and faced lord Hater.

"No... No! I won't do it!"

"(Name)...!" Sylvia moved instinctively, but the watchdogs tightened their grasp on her "Hey, stop doing that, ya!"

"Wander!" he was still sulking. But (Name) was going to make him raise his head "Do you know why I can't finish my job yet, Wander?"

"..."

Wander ignored her. He didn't want to talk right now, he wanted to be alone. He never wanted to be alone before.

Why did he feel like that? He asked himself, ceaselessly.

And while the drama built up in the room, Dominator got a comfy seat to eat her popcorn, enjoying the 'movie', by Hater's side. She whispered to him.

"This is where it gets interesting."

"Wander?"

"... N-no..."

"..." (Name) growled lowly "You're going to listen to me! Wander! Look at me!"

His mind pleaded the heavens that she wouldn't keep on talking. This made it difficult for him to swallow.

"Hey." (Name) insisted "... Don't you really want to know?"

"Why... would I... wanna know now?"

"Wandy."

By hearing his nickname, the reaction was different. She took advantage of the moment when Wander briefly lifted up his eyes to give a warm smile at him, not before stating something to her lord.