13. I'm Sorry

Cody's POV, A day ago.

I am woken up by the sound of a gunshot dangerously close to me. I try to sit up but feel ropes around my wrist. I look to where the gun was and see Craig with someone with a bag over their head.

"Guess who this is." Craig smirks.

I look at the person and see him wearing a black shirt and blue jeans with grey Vans.

"It would be easier if I could see his face." I say.

Craig raises an eyebrow and rips the bag off his head. I freeze. I can't talk. I can't breathe. I can't function.

"Awwww, he remembers you." Craig chuckles.

He just gives me his sad looks. The ones he always used to give me. I owe him millions of apologies for what I've done to him.

Craig cuffs him to a bar on the wall and leaves the room. I finally realized that I was tied to a bed. I look back at him and see hundreds of scars on his face and arms.

"Haven't seen you in a while." He chuckles.

"I'm so sorry." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"For everything. I've done so much to you and I barely realized how bad it all was." I explain.

It's quiet for a while until he breaks the silence.

"Is Sasha and Tom gone?" He asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"So you work for the good guys now?" He says.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Did you get a new team?" He asks.

"Yes." I respond.

"How are they?" He asks.

"Oh, Brendon, they are fun. One of them is like you." I chuckle.

Brendon chuckles, "No one is like me but me."

"You'd be surprised." I say.

There is even more silence in the room and I just stare at the ceiling. The door opens and Craig comes in grabbing Brendon.

"You only had two minutes to talk." Craig grins.

I try and fight the ropes as Brendon is basically dragged out of the room. While I squirm around I feel something on my waist. Did they even bother checking me?

I reach into the inside of my pants and pull out a small pocket knife. I cut one of my hands out of the rope and untie my other one. I cut the rope that was around my ankles and jump to my feet. Only to fall to the ground in pain.

I forgot all about my leg. I stand up as best as I could and limp to the door. I open it slowly and look around. I don't see anyone. I run down the hall not making any sound. I look behind me and don't see what's in front of me.

I hit someone and we both get knocked to the ground. The guard sees me and reaches for his gun. I get on top of him and break his neck as he started to draw the gun. I grab all his weapons and put on his bulletproof vest. I drag him into the closest room and toss him into a closet.

I turn around to see a big display case against the wall. It had my suit in it. I walk up to it and just stare at it. It's too small for me now but that all can be made again. It's the mask that's original. It can't be remade, it can't be replaced. I open the case and grab the mask. My fingers rub the side of it and brush off some dust.

"Miss it?" I hear someone ask.

I turn around and point my gun at a girl with wavy blond hair and green eyes, someone who I haven't seen in a long time.