7. I Do Owe You One

Cody's POV

I wake up and look at my nightstand, my wallet and phone were in the same spot as last night.

Why does Annie have to be so snoopy? I bet she is going to question me all day. Maybe I can blackmail her?

I step out of bed and walk to the door. My leg stings but it's nothing I can't handle. I have been through way worse things. I step out and head to Annie's room. The door is open a little and I can hear the shower running. I quickly step inside and shut the door quietly.

I see her phone on the bed and quietly walk to it. I turn it on and surprisingly it doesn't have a passcode. She has a few games and a few music apps. I open up the messaging app and look through all of them. I scroll all the way to the bottom and see four names.

Hailey, Jackson, Caden, and Jake. I open up Jakes messages.

Jake: DUDE! I'm in my underwear eating pizza. This is why I'm single!

Annie: You're not entirely single.

Jake: You're right.............Imma marry this pizza!

Annie: Go for it.

I started laughing loudly. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I turn around slowly. I see Annie in a towel with her arms crossed and her giving my an icy glare. I look at her and try not to look down.

"What are you doing?" She asks with the most irritated tone ever.

"You went through my stuff so why can't I go through yours?" I ask/answer.

"At least you can't find dirt on me." She rolls her eyes.

She holds out her hands for her phone and I give it to her. She looks at it and I see a hint of sadness hit her face.

"Was he on your team?" I ask.

"Yeah." She answers.

"What was he like?" I ask her.

"Like Allen but worse." She smiles.

I giggle but see her eyes start to shine. She was about to cry. I hugged her before she could and I feel her tense up. I forgot she was in a towel. I let her go and see her cheeks are a slight red.

"S-Sorry." I stutter and rush out of the room.

What the hell??

Annie's POV

What the hell??

Why did he hug me? He didn't see my eyes getting watery, did he?? Ugh!!

I look back at my phone and press the home button. My wallpaper makes me stop and stare at it. I haven't changed it in three years and don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I toss my phone onto my bed and get dressed into blue ripped jeans and a plain black shirt. I put on my black combat boots and put a knife in each one. I head out of my room and go to the kitchen.

Like always, Allen if stuffing his face with food, Miwa is polishing her motorcycle helmet, Steve is watching Spongebob, and Cody is on a computer looking at our mission files.