11. The Truth

Annie's POV

Tonight. All my questions are going to be answered, tonight. Hopefully.

"Can we have today off?" Allen asks Cody as we walk down the stairs.

"Well its not like I'm in any condition to fight." Cody answers.

Allen smiles and grabs string cheese out of the fridge. Dose this kid ever stop eating? I grab a bowl and get some cereal. I sit on the couch and turn on the TV. Cody grabs an apple and sits on the other couch.

"Why aren't you guys sitting next to each other?" I hear Allen asks.

"Are we supposed to?" Cody raises an eyebrow.

"Well you did sleep with each other." Allen giggles.

"It was nothing." I say.

"Really, because this picture says other wise." Allen puts a phone in my face and I see a picture of me and Cody sleeping together.

I grab the phone out of his hand and delete the picture.

"Who cares! I posted it on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Tumbler-" Allen counts off on his fingers but is cut off by me punching his gut.

I give him a death glare and he gulps loudly.

"I give you five minutes to run." I say.

"Miwa!" Allen yells and runs to the stairs.

He runs to his room and I sit back down. Steve comes out of his room and gets a cup of coffee. He sits at the table and starts typing on his computer. I see Cody staring at the TV, but I could tell he wasn't watching it.

"Cody?" I say. He stares off into space and doesn't hear me, "Cody!" I yell slightly.

He blinks a few times and then looks back at me. Seriously, is he losing his hearing?

"What?" He asks.

"Why do you keep spacing out?" I ask.

"No reason." He says.

"That's not an answer." I say.

He gives me a glare that I have never seen before. Something flashed in his eyes, I can't tell what it was but I know it has something to do with his past. My heart races as he stands.

"I'm going to the gym." He says and heads down another set of stairs.

I just stay on the couch and watch TV. Steve and I hear a yell of pain from the gym and we both shoot to our feet. He grabs two big kitchen knives and hands one to me. We head down the stairs slowly and peek into the gym.

Cody was on his knee rubbing his back. He stood up and kicked the punching bag only to fall in pain again.

"I will get him." I say to Steve, handing him the knife.

He nods his head and heads back up the stairs. I walk into the gym and Cody gets up. He punches the bag hard then knees it, grunting in pain. He punches it hard and grips his shoulder. He ignores the pain and kicks the bag again.

He starts to fall back until I run and catch his arm before he fell. I pull him up and he doesn't even look at me.

"You are hurt. You can't train." I say.

"Look who's talking." He scoffs.

"What's your problem?" I slightly shout.

"This mission!" He gives the same glare he gave me in the living room.