Epilogue

DST 1: epilogue

I walk out of school tears in my eyes. Nothing will be the same now, and they won't ever forget it. I hide behind the school leaning against the wall. I cover my face with one hand as the other instinctively holds my baby bump. The words echo in my head making the sobs become louder. I feel someone come close to me, but I don't look up knowing it isn't Mason. He and the guys are fighting Mikey and his buddies that spread the news around school. The ones that started with the words, and to make it worse Zac is part of the group. He and Seth though are hashing it out.

"Hey." A small voice whispers. I jump looking to see a girl. She has light brown almost blonde hair, and green eyes. Her hair is down in natural waves, and I squint my eyes trying to see who she is. Then it hits me as I see her glassy eyes.

    "Jamie?" She gives me a shy smile nodding her head.

    "Yeah. Why are you crying?" She asks in a soft voice. I wipe my tears away before sliding down the wall to sit on the ground. She sits down next to me waiting for me to say something. I open my mouth to talk, but her eyes widen and she whimpers. "I'm sorry for prying."

    "No, your fine. It's just my ex and my cousin told the whole school about me. Now they are calling me a slut and a whore." Her eyebrows furrow as she studies me. Her eyes snap to me in realization.

    "Well, they had no right. I'm sorry, and you aren't one of those." I smile at her words tears pricking my eyes. "Please don't cry." She begs.

    "They are happy tears." I assure her. "Thank you."

    "May I ask though, who is the father?"

    "Mason."

    "Like, Mason West, Mason?" Her eyes bug out of her head, and I can only laugh at her response.

    "Yeah, the love of my life." I grin. She looks to the ground with her forehead scrunched up in thought.

    "Wow, good for you. I wish I could find someone, but in this school that's not possible." She sighs looking up to me.

   "Why not?" I frown.

    "Everyone in my grade hates me. I'm the one everyone bullies." She stops looking into my eyes. "I don't know why I'm telling you all this."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Wait, what grade are you in?"

"I'm a junior." She whispers.

"Oh, why don't you befriend Drake?" She looks at me with her wide green eyes like I'm crazy.

"The golden boy? Wow, you must have lost it. I'm a nobody." She states. I frown at her words. Suddenly I hear two people calling my name. I snap my head to see Lilly and Kailey running to me. They both sigh in relief as they see me.

"Dylan, you have to get your butt in there. Mason looks like he might kill him. They are getting security." Lucy rushes out.

"Fuck." I look to Jamie. "I got to go, but we will have to talk again. Thank you." She smiles back as I stand up.

"Of course. Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks." I grin at her before running with the girls back into the cafe. I gasp seeing Mason holding Mikey by the throat against the wall. His back is to me, but I can see how tense he is. I run over to him wrapping my arms around his waist. He freezes for a second before he starts to relax. "Mason, let him go." I tell him. He glances to me, and I look up to meet his eyes.