Chapter 3

DST1: ch 3

I couldn't really sleep last night, which makes today a bad day to start. I just threw on some sweatpants and Mikey's sweatshirt not caring what I looked like as I put my hair into a messy bun. I almost fell asleep in the car, which Seth and Zac were concerned about.

I walk into math taking my seat. I cross my arms over my chest leaning my back against the seat. Mason walks in and our eyes meet. I quickly look away looking down at my desk. He takes his seat next to me, and I act like I don't see him.

I can feel him watching me as his gaze is strong. He leans closer to me, and I give in glancing at him. His eyes dark blue and cold, which makes me shiver. He notices it and smirks at me. "Dylan." He says huskily, and I find myself gulping.

"Mason." I say carefully.

"Why were you in that neighborhood last night?" He asks.

"I was just walking my dog. I didn't realize how far we went." I say honestly looking right at him. "Who was that guy?" I couldn't help but ask.

"My cousin." He says getting defensive. I let it go nodding my head. The bell rings and the teacher starts teaching, but Mason stays watching me. I try to ignore him as I take notes on what the new chapter in math is.

The bell rings causing me to jump out of my seat. This class couldn't have been any longer. Before I can get out of the room Mason stands up, and I almost bump into him, again. I take a step back making my backpack hit the wall. He turns back to me and moves back closer to his seat motioning for me to go.

I stand there looking at him with wide eyes, and he rolls his eyes at me. "Go, or you will be late to lunch." He says frustratedly. I snap out of my shocked state, and start walking.

"Thank you." I say quietly as I pass him. I quickly get to lunch and somehow walk into the cafeteria just before the bell rings. I get to my table sighing as I sit down. I feel the girls looking at me, so I look to each of them confused.

"You okay?" Kailey asks. I look at her, and she is watching me concerned.

"Honestly I don't know." I say quietly. She looks confused, but her eyes show sympathy.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Yeah, what's wrong Dylan?" Taylor asks sneering out my name. I look to her with a shocked look before looking down at the table.

"Taylor, just stop." Kailey sighs.

"I didn't do anything wrong." Taylor scoffs. I get up and walk out of the doors that are near the bathrooms. I walk down the small dimly lit hallway near it. There is a door at the end of the hall with a glowing exit sign above it.

I lean my back against the wall sliding down it. I sit on the floor with my arms wrapped around my legs pulling them close to my chest. I just sit there thinking about what I did wrong. Suddenly I hear someone walking down the hall, so I look up only to see Seth coming down the hall.

"Dylan." He says gently. He comes over to me and sits on the floor next to me. He pulls me to sit on his lap to hold he, and I feel the unshed tears fall. "What did she say?" He asks. I sniffle looking up at him, and see the concern and anger in his eyes.

"It's not what she said, it's how she said it. How she always talks to me." I say tears sipping from my eyes. He frowns as he hugs me close keeping me safe.

The door at the end of the hall opens and in slips the one and only Mason West. I quickly stand up pulling Seth with me. Mason walks until he comes face to face with me. His eyes narrow at me glancing to Seth quick. "Move." He demands. I quickly move, but trip on my foot and fall forward.