[The Indominus Rex]

When we showed up to the paddock, I never thought it was that big. I knew the Tyrannosaurus Rex's was big, but this one had taller walls that people were still working on. "We've been pre-booking tickets for months. The park needs a new attraction every few years, in order to reinvigorate the public's interest." Clarie said as we walked towards the paddock and I looked around at the workers. "Kind of like the space program. Corporate felt genetic modification would up the wow factor."

      Owen looked over at her, "They're dinosaurs, wow enough." I nodded with him, "Not according to our focus groups. The Indominus Rex makes us relevant again." "The Indominus Rex?" I asked wondering if that was the new specimen. "We needed something scary and easy to pronounce. You should hear a four year old try to say Archaeornithomimus." "You should hear you try to say it."

       We walked inside where I guess they watched it and Owen asked, "So what's this thing made of?" I looked through the glass not seeing it besides trees. "The base genome is a T.Rex, the rest is classified." "You made a dinosaur but you don't even know what it is?"

      "The lab delivers us finished assets, and we show them to the public. Can we drop a steer please?" I looked over at them seeing a large man sitting where the cameras are and guessed she was talking to him. "How long has the animal been here?" "All it's life." "Never seen outside of these walls?"

       "We can't exactly walk it," "And you feed it with that?" Owen pointed at a claw that lowered a oversized piece of meat into the paddock and I shook my head knowing all the things Owen was about to address was wrong. "Is there a problem?" Clarie asked and I looked over at them. "Animals raised in isolation aren't always the most functional."

       "Your raptors are born in captivity." "With siblings," I said and Owen nodded, "They learn social skills, and I imprint on them when they're born." "There's trust, and the only positive relationship this thing has is with that crane, at least he knows that means food." I said and Clarie sighed, "So, he needs a friend. We should schedule play-dates? That sort of thing?"

     "Probably not a good idea." "Where is it?" I looked back at the glass wondering the same thing, guessing she realized that it hasn't showed himself the whole time as they talked about him. "Is it in the basement? Is there a downstairs? Maybe it's in the rec room." Owen said, being the smart ass he is.

      "It was just here, we were just here." The man at the desk scanned the paddock and each one didn't show a sign of the animal being here. "Shit." "That doesn't make any sense, these doors haven't been opened in weeks." The man said and I walked along side the glass as Owen did the same and I gasped and looked towards him. "We're those claw marks always there?" Clarie stopped and looked towards us. "Do you think it...."

       "He has an implant in his back, I can track it from the control room." Clarie said as she walked out of the room and Owen and I walked towards the door that lead inside as the man lead us. When we got inside, I immediately began to feel uneasy being inside a paddock, even if the dinosaur wasn't inside. Owen walked towards the wall that had claw marks on it and I laid my hand on the wall, feeling the edges of the marks.

      "That wall is 40 feet high, do you really think he could have climbed out?" The man asked and Owen said as he gazed up at the claw marks. "It depends," "On what?" "What kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab." The moment he said that the man's walkie talkie began to have static and he pushed a button on it, "Paddock 11 do you copy?" "Yeah, what's the problem?" The man asked and the woman on the other side answered in a frantic tone, "It's in the cage! It's in there with you!"

       "Run!" Owen yelled and pushed me quickly along as we heard its footsteps coming closer. I ran faster as Owen ran behind me, but I didn't know where the man was. I heard the Indominus Rex roar behind us which made me run faster. I saw the man beside the main door and he ran outside. I saw the door start to close and I knew we had to make it before the door closed on us, and before the dinosaur got out along with us.

      I ran faster and soon got outside and I quickly looked behind me seeing Owen still running and the door almost fully closed. "Owen! Faster!" I yelled and he quickly slipped through the door and we saw it close. I gasped and panted but I quickly looked up when I saw its claws holding the door and it pushed it aside.

     Owen quickly grabbed me and pulled us underneath a truck as I heard it break through the door and walk around us. I kept quiet and looked over and saw the man hiding in front of another vehicle. He was sweating and trembling from fear as he slowly looked towards me. I saw the Indominus walked towards him and knock over the truck and ate the man.

     I shut my eyes and when it walked towards us, Owen took out his knife and cut a part of the truck and oil sprayed all over us and he rubbed it on him and onto me just in time as tbe Idominus slowly walked around us. Owen and I held our breath as it lowered his head to where I saw its nostrils and he took a deep breath, but when I thought we would be dead, it got up and I heard its footsteps fade away.

       Owen and I took deep breaths as we stared at each other with wide eyes, both with a mixture of fear and astonishment in them. Owen slowly got out and he looked around and we he held a hand out for me, I guessed the Indominus was gone. I took his hand and he pulled me out from under the truck.

     I would have gaged at the smell of both us, but I didn't have time nor care about it now, since we were both almost killed. I looked around and saw trees knocked over in the distance, probably the way he went. I looked over at Owen, "So what now?" "Now, I'm going to have a talk with Clarie and the people in the control room, and you are going back to the raptors' paddock."

      "What! No, I'm going with you." I stated and Owen stopped and looked over at me. "No you're not, I need you to stay with the raptors and Barry for a reason." "And what reason is that?" "I have a feeling they would want to us the raptors soon to go find him, and I need you and Barry to keep them away from touching Blue and the others." I looked at him confused, "Why would they think of using the raptors to find the Indominus?"

    "Because Hoskins would tell them to use the raptors to track them, and I know, I mean, we know that that's not a good idea." I sighed and looked around, "Fine, but the moment you need to go out searching or something, you get me and we go together, deal?" Owen groaned knowing he already lost, "Fine, deal."

     I smiled and nodded as I went over to one of the cars that wasn't destroyed as Owen walked off. I got inside the car and saw the keys still inside and I started it. I sighed and laid my head against the wheel knowing if it wasn't for Owen, I would have been killed, but I was also angry that I knew a certain person who was probably a part or was in charge of making the Idominus. And I was going to pay him a little visit before I went back to the raptors.