[A New Specimen]

I crouched beside Owen's motorcycle as he worked on it. I kept thinking about what Hoskins said and each time I got angry at the thought of Blue and the others being used as a weapon. I was cut out of my thoughts when Owen asked me for a wrench and I reached over and gave him one.

Owen and I shared a condo far away from the park, even though I was told to stay in a hotel, I made a few changes myself with my boss.

As we continued to talk and work on the motorcycle, I heard a car pull up and I stopped and looked over at the car, but Owen didn't notice. I was confused why someone showed up here, since we rarely got visitors.

I saw Clarie get out of the car and I smiled at her and she did the same. I nudged Owen and he stopped and looked up at me wondering what I want till he saw Clarie and he got up.

"Nice to see you Clarie." I said as she walked over to us. "Same to you Victoria, or do you prefer V?" "V, actually." I said and she nodded and looked over at Owen. "Mr. Grady, I need you to come take a look at something."

"Owen." "If you're not to busy," "I'm pretty busy." Owen cut her off and I rolled my eyes as she continued on. "We have an attraction," "That's not what you said the last time I saw you." "I'm talking about the dinosaurs, Mr. Grady."

"Owen." He corrected her again and I could tell she was getting a bit pissed off with him. "A new species we made." "You just went and made a new dinosaur?" Owen asked as he turned back towards her. "Yeah, it's kinda what we do here. Mr. Masrani wanted me to consult with you." "You wanna consult here or in me and V's bungalow?"

I chucked and she glared at him, "That's not funny." "A little funny." "We'd like you to evaluate the paddock for vulnerabilities." "Why me?" "I guess Mr. Masrani thinks, since you're able to control the raptors."

"We, and V and I don't control the raptors, it's a relationship, it's based on mutual respect. That's why you and I never had a second date." Clarie looked at him surprised, "Excuse me? I never wanted a second date."

Owen went back working on the motorcycle as they continued to talk and I stayed back and listened. "Who prints out an itinerary for a night out?" "I'm a organized person." "What kind of diet doesn't allow tequila?" "All of them, actually and what kind of man shows up to a date in board shorts?" "It's Central America, it's hot, okay, okay." "Can we just focus on the asset please?"

"The asset?" I asked and Owen got up. "Look I get it. You're in charge out there, you gotta make a lot of tough decisions. It's probably easier to pretend these animals are just numbers on a spreadsheet. But they're not, they're alive." "I'm fully aware they're​ alive." "You made have made them in a test tube, but they don't know that. They're thinking, "I gotta eat. I gotta hunt. I gotta...." He pushed his hands together and Clarie rolled her eyes as I chuckled at them.

"You can relate to at least one of those things, right?" Clarie sighed, "I'll be in the car. You might want to change your shirt. They're highly sensitive to smell." She walked off and got inside her car and Owen rubbed the bridge of his nose and looked towards me. "What?" He asked and I shrugged. "Fine, but you're coming with us."

I looked at him confused, "But Clarie said for just you to go see this, new species." "Well, I said you're part of this. Anyway, you can see if the dinosaur is healthy while I check on its paddock. Deal?" I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Fine, but you owe me for this." I took out my hand and we shuck hands.

"You wait here, while I.... go inside for something." Owen walked over towards the door, but before he walked inside I said, "Going to change out your shirt?" "Shut up!" Owen said from inside and I laughed and waited for him to come outside.

For a guy it took longer than expected for him to just change out a shirt, exactly 15 minutes. "Took you long enough, I didn't want to go in and see you naked." I said and he glared at me. "Well there was that one time," "Shut up." "What? I was just saying, never thought about nocking?" I glared at him and we walked towards the car where Clarie waited for us.

"What took you guys so long?" Clarie asked as we got inside the car. "Owen had to take extra time putting on his makeup." "Says the girl that takes five hours to just get ready to go out to a bar." "That's normal, and also, that was faster than usual." Owen looked back at me, "And what is the usual time?" "..... 8 hours." He laughed and Clarie rolled her eyes and started the car and drove off. The whole time Clarie drove us to the paddock, I kept thinking about what dinosaur they could have cooked up in that lab.