Lies

**Beth**

I guess me staring at him too much made him to wake up .
"Morning ," He said .
"Morning ," I said.
"Why are you smiling at me ?" He asked.
I just kept smiling at him and then I started laughing because he gave me weird looks.

He then joined in and then my door opened. 
"Morning you two ," My mother said .
We stopped laughing and I said "Morning mom ".
"Go take a shower and come down for some breakfast. Jake , your aunt came and dropped off some fresh clean clothes for you ," My mother said.

"Okay , thanks ," Jake said and then my mother left .
I got out the bed and asked  ," Do you want to take a shower first ?".
"No , you go first ,"He said. 
I took my things I needed and went to the bathroom and closed the door .
When I was done , I came back out to put on my jewelry .

I didn't know that Jake was out of the bed and was behind me when I felt his breath on neck. 
He took my necklace and hooked it for me and kissed my neck . I felt like was I was melting into a pile of liquid .
He rested his neck on my shoulder and looked at the mirror .

"Your breakfast is getting cold ," My mother shouted from downstairs which snapped us back to reality .
I turned around and looked at Jake .
"Your face is making me feel so guilty ," I said .
"I am sorry . I shouldn't have done that ," He said as he took his things and went to the bathroom .

I grabbed his hand and said , "But I liked it ".
He just smiled but not like how he did before .
It made me feel sad but I put on a happy face and went downstairs .
While I was eating my breakfast , Jake came down and ate his .
By the time he was done , Ms . Carson came to pick him up .

I said goodbye to him and then they left . Then my parents and Alex 's mom left which left me and Alex to be in the house .
I thought Alex was in his room but I guess not because he was in the living room .
"Hey ," He said as paused his game .
"Hi," I said .
I went nearer to him and saw that his painting of me was on the coffee table .

He looked at it and I wanted to leave but then he grabbed my arm and said , "Beth , wait ".
"What Alex ?" I asked in a sad tone .
"Our parents said you deserve a reason why and there're right , you do . I painted a picture of you because I liked you and I couldn't get you out of head ".

"Wait , you said "liked "," I said .
"Yeah ,"He said with a sad and guilty face.
I didn't say anything . I just nodded .
"I uh I uh ...
He said trailing off of his sentence .
"Alex , you don't need to tell me your personal life ,"I said .  I  wanted to leave but he stopped me and said ,"But your my best friend ".

I didn't say anything and that got him mad. 
"This would have been much better if I hadn't said I liked you . I have a  girlfriend okay , its Anna . I shouldn't have listened to the guys to keep my options open and see where me and you would have gone while Anna and I are dating ," He said .

"You lied to me ," I said in a very angry tone .
He laid back down on the couch and continued his game .
I stormed up stairs in an angry way and slammed my door .
I went into my my bed and cried myself to sleep .

-----------
What did you guys think of this chapter ?

Did Alex do the right thing by lying to Beth ?

Comment and Vote .
Share with your friends.

-starngcgirl