Chapter Five

-Lisa's POV- -A Couple Days Later-

I was making my way down the hallway towards the elevators. I was stopped by Katie.

"Hey, Lisa!"

"Hey!" We ran to each other and hugged.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing really. Trying to write my song." I held up my notepad and pen. "What about you?"

"Nothi-" Katie was cut off by Kendall coming up to us.

"Oh, hey, Lisa," he said, smiling. Katie cleared her throat. "And Katie." She rolled her eyes. I froze, just staring at him. "Um... bye." He quickly walked away and I blushed.

"Uh, I'll see you later, Katie," I told her, walking away. I step into the elevator and sighed. Why can't Kendall see that I like him? Oh, that's right... I'm 4 years younger than him!

---

I stepped out of the elevator and walked up a few stairs. Once at the top, I pushed open the big, heavy door. I walked across the Palm Woods roof and sat agains the wall. I've been coming up here a lot ever since I found it.

Placing my notepad on my lap, I clicked my pen. I closed my eyes and exhaled. So many thoughts went through my mind. They were all about Kendall. Maybe this song could be about him. I mean, nobody would have to know it's about him. I can say it's about... Greyson Chance. He is more closer to my age. I giggled at my stupidity.

Everyday ever since I started crushing on my best friend's brother, I've wanted to tell him how I felt. But, how would I deal with it if he shot me down?

Everytime I'm around him, or even hear his name, I get butterflies.

And, I get really shy when I'm around him.

As I was thinking, the door opened, and I looked up to see Kendall.

"Lisa?" Uh oh. Here come the butterflies. He smiled, walking over, and sitting next to me.

"Kendall, what are you doing here?" I asked, nervously.

"I came here to think," he answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to write."

"Oh, can I see?" He peeked over my shoulder at my empty page. "Oh, cool. You've got nothing." I laughed.

"I know." I sighed. "I'm having writers block." Kendall smiled.

"That's okay..." I nodded, shrugging. There was an awkward silence, but thank God Kendall broke it. "You know what?"

I looked at him. "What?"

"This should be our place," Kendall said. My face got hot and I smiled.

"Sure... Listen, I gotta go." I stood up and he did, too. "I'll see you later?"

"Deffinatly." He smiled. I nodded and left for my apartment.

----

"I have a surprse for you," my mom said, her hand behind her back.

"Ooh! What is it!?" I asked, smiling.

"A new... phone!" She held the box out in front of me. I screamed and grabbed it.

"Thank you, mom!" I hugged her and she laughed. I quickly took it out of the box and looked at it. "It's so beautiful." My mom laughed again.

----

I sat in my room, writing down lyrics. The song is turning out pretty good so far. I'm in love with my phone, all though I only have my mom, dad, and Katie's number. Speaking of Katie, she just texted me.