Chapter Two

-Lisa's POV-

I walked through the Palm Woods park, enjoying the fresh air. Katie walked by and smiled at me.

"Hey, Lisa."

"Hey, Katie." I smiled.

"Wanna come chill in my apartment?" She asked.

"Sure! Let me go ask my mom," I answered. Katie nodded and we went to tell my mom.

"Sure. I'm glad you're making new friends." My mom beamed.

"Thanks, mom," I said, and Katie and I left for apartment 2J.

We walked in and sat on the couch, talking about random stuff.

-Kendall's POV-

I walked down the hallway, heading towards the kitchen to grab some food. Entering the living room area, I saw Katie talking with a girl. It was... Lisa! My eyes went wide and I speed walked to the kitchen.

"Oh, hey, Kendall," Lisa's angelic voice said.

"H-hey." I gave a nervous smile. They went back to talking and I let out a sigh of relief.

I walked back into my bedroom where me and the guys were hanging out after grabbing some food. I sat down on my bed, in a little daze.

"Man, what's up?" Logan asked me.

"Yeah, you look like you're in a daze," James piped in.

"Nothing," I quickly said. It's not that I didn't want to tell them, it's just that, I don't know why I'm sorta in a daze. It can't be because of Lisa. She shouldn't be able to have this kind of effect on me. She's 12 for crying out loud!

-Lisa's POV-

I watched Kendall walk back into his room. I lifted an eyebrow at Katie, as if to say 'what's up with him?' Katie sighed.

"He's been kinda... off lately," said Katie.

"Off?" I questioned.

"Yeah. He's been zoned out," she explained.

"Maybe that's a stage in a teen boys life." I shrugged.

"Or, a girl has been catching his eye," Katie said. I nodded, shrugging again.

"Hey, girls. We're going to the pool. Wanna come with?" Logan said, as him and the guys walked into the living room. Katie looked at me and I shrugged.

"Sure," she said.

"I'll just go put on a bathing suit," I said. I walked out of 2J and to my apartment. I changed into my bathing suit and threw on some shorts and a tank top, along with some flip flops. "Mom, I'm going to the pool!"

I walked back over to 2J, where everyone was waiting.

"Let's go!" Carlos exclaimed. I giggled and Kendall got this look in his eye. I don't know what it meant, though. Everybody walked out in front of Kendall and I. Walking down the hallway, Kendall spoke.

"I'm glad you're coming, Lisa." I smiled a little.

"Me too," I said. We all got in the elevator and I was squished up against Kendall. He didn't seem to mind. It was a little uncomfortable, but I'm glad I was squished up against him, and not any of the other guys.

The elevator doors opened and everyone, besides me and Kendall, ran to the pool. I laughed at them running, and Kendall smiled.

Arriving at the pool, I slipped off my shoes, shirt, and shorts. I noticed Kendall glancing my way now and then, but I ignored it. He's probably just gonna be like a big brother to me.

I ran and jumped in the pool, followed by Kendall. We rose to the top and he started splashing me. I splashed back, then that started a big splash war.

After that, Katie requested to play Chicken. She got on James' shoulders.

"Who's should I get on...?" I asked, looking at everybody.

"Mine," Kendall said, smiling. Me face got hot and he lifted me up on his shoulders.

Kendall and I ended up winning. I got off of Kendall's shoulders and we smiled. I held my hand up for a high five, but he pulled me into his chest. Everybody was shocked, including me, so he lightly pushed me away.

"Um, sorry." He scratched the back of his head.

"It's okay." I gave a friendly smile.

A while later, we ended up getting out of the pool, and going back to apartment 2J.

I stayed for lunch and sat across from Kendall. He kept looking up at me every once in a while. I would smile a little, hoping he wouldn't notice.

I became good friends with Katie and the guys today. Today was a blast.