Beautiful Catastrophe

That's it, then.

It's the end of the world and you're still sitting there as pretty as ever.

I never told you how damn nice that skirt looks hanging from your waist, the ruffles catching at all the right places.

I never commented on how the way you walk sends little hummingbird wings straight to my heart.

I wish I could have done something before, while we still had time and the sky wasn't crashing down around us.

I wish the atmosphere was still as bright as the way you speak to me, so sweet and tender and so red-orange-red-red-RED-RED.

Christ. The whole world is literally collapsing in on itself and you just look as damn pretty as ever.

It's not fair.

The way you blindsight me like you don't know I'm constantly screaming at myself on the inside is wild.

Just wild, darling.

Did you ever care about me, you divinely breath-taking disaster?

Or was I just another star swimming amongst the galaxies in your eyes?

A star trying to shine through the dark that never ceases to engulf my very being.

Shoot for the stars, they used to say.

I just wish they told us we shouldn't aim too high.

Now I'm stuck between the end of my existence and you, and I don't see any bright side in either.

Who was I ever kidding?

You're way too good for me in just about every way us crazy human bastards have considered.

Maybe this fleeting skip of my heartbeat is but an illusion.

Maybe I don't really wish I could sweep you off your feet and not let go as we plunge head on into our untimely demise.

Maybe, just maybe, I can pretend like you're just another face amongst the many that have ever meant anything to me.

But that's the problem.

You mean so much to me, yet sometimes I wonder how far that seeps into that perfect little brain of yours.

If I wasn't struck with such anguish five minutes before my predictable death, I wouldn't have bothered with emotions.

Fear.

Panic.

Hope.

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

The world's a nightmare, and I'm starting to realize that this was what we needed all along.

Self destruction is a beautiful c a t a s t r o p h e.

I just wish it wasn't you pulling the trigger.