Fifty-One: Road Trip

Sydney

Diddiup, diddiup, diddiup...diddiup.

My nails tapped against the armrest of the leather door in a rapid rhythm.

"So, have you started your essay for English, Terrence?" I prompted, pulling away from the window looking back.

My attempt to break the very much awkward silence only made Jay stiffer than he already was.

"I have," Terrence answered quietly from the back twiddling his thumbs, also watching the world fly by outside the window.

"Cool," I said rocking my head a little.

Again we collapsed into a deathly quiet moment.

Jay leaned over and turned on the radio. He searched for a station but out in the thick forest leading to seemingly nowhere, static was our main find.

You should talk to our mate...he seems very stressed. Maybe have him pull over and we can comfort him. My wolf said suggestively as well as seductively.

Wow, my little wolfie. Don't think just because we did the deed we all of a sudden are willing to make love to him anywhere. I informed her.

I like how you avoid the word sex or having our way with him, She laughed.

Blush consumed my cheeks and I looked down into my lap embarrassed.

"What has you blushing, Star?" Jay asked through our mind link.

"Nothing!" I told quickly.

"Come on Star." Jay cooed.

I shook my head no staying firm. "Not till you start talking to Terrence."

Jay groaned and hit the headrest with the back of his head.

"Are you alright?" Terrence asked very much bewildered from the back seat.

"Just fucking dandy," Jay said with fake chipper in his voice.

I swatted his arm. "Don't be a jerk Jaycen."

"Oww!" Jay yelped cupping his arm giving me a look of shock and mocking hurt.

I scold him before turning back to my window.

"Sydney, it's fine. I understand why Jay is upset and I don't want you to be angry with Jay for being angry with me." Terrence says leaning back to look out the window distantly. "It's bad enough with Jac."

"Shut your mouth. I don't want you stealing another important female right out from underneath me." Jay snapped at him.

My eyes widened at my mate's response.

Terrence's gaze dropped to his lap and his face darkened, guilt-stricken. "I'm sorry, Jay."

The next thing I knew, Jay tugging the wheel to the right and pulling us off to the side of the road.

"You know what I just hit my limit on my Terrence is a fucking pain in my ass-meter." Jaycen yanked open his door then went and pulled Terrence out too.

"Jaycen!" I yelled frantic at this sudden change of events.

I struggled to think clearly and to get the seat buckle off of me and out of the car. Pushing open the door I hopped out but not before a car precariously whistled by dangerously close.

I gasped from the closeness of my car but then gathered my wits and ran around the car to the back.

Jay held Terrence by his collar, which momentarily struck me as odd seeing as Terrence had a bigger frame than Jaycen.