Nineteen: The Hunt

Sydney

Everything looked blurry and the trees were out of focus. Then it was almost an audible snap sounded in my head, and everything became hyper sharp. My eyes were drawn to the dancing of the leaves in the trees, I could see the details of the veins and different translucencies of the various leaves as light filtered through them.

The small snaps and twisting of muscles and bones had finally come to a stop and my feet felt grounded. Well, my paws were grounded.

I turned my attention to the moist tickle on my four paws and noticed a family of bugs marching across the ground. I could count their legs.

"Wow." A new voice said in my head.

I turned to see a massive black wolf staring down at me in amazement. His seafoam eyes had a little under glow to them.

"Hello?" I tested in my head.

The black wolf gave me what was a lopsided wolf grin.

"Yes, Sydney?" Jay's voice was in my head.

"Um...how are you in my head?" I asked, cocking my big wolf head to the side. I was able to feel the movement in my pointed ears that sat atop my head. It made my neck tickle.

Jaycen didn't answer, but instead, he came trotting up to me and nuzzled my neck.

"You smell amazing. Like orange blossoms and spicey ginger...Good god it's turning me on."

I didn't think the end of that was meant for me to hear, but I couldn't help but dropped my head in embarrassment. What was apparently truly my wolf, howled in my head with excitement.

"Don't look embarrassed, Star. You look and smell amazing!"

"Oh shut up," I said bumping the big wolf with my lofty shoulders.

He playfully growled and nipped at my pointed ears.

My wolf bristled at this playfully, and without my consent, I was jumping on his back and biting at the scruff of his neck like it was first nature.

"Oh, Wolf-babe, I'm going get you for that!" The voice wasn't Jay's usually deep and usually humored voice, but a slight tick different, leading me to believe it was his wolf challenging me.

I felt the pressure of my wolf agreeing with my conclusion. Nervous it was like we came to a mental agreement through feeling for my wolf to take the reigns of our body.

"Haha, Puppy-boy, only if you can catch me!" My wolf slyly answered.

"Oh, Sweetheart. You are on!"

It was like watching a movie or being on a roller coaster as my body lurched forward. We took off like a bullet in the night. Fast and invisible.

Green rushed by me, and it was like second nature predicting and leaping over logs and gnarled roots protruding from the earth. After about two minutes of running, I finally spotted a massive log that looked like it could hide me.

I glanced around for any signs of Jaycen's big black wolf and in return saw none.

Walking over to the log I plopped down on my furry belly and backed into the log so I could still see out the log.

☽✣☾

Jay

After Sydney's wolf took over and sprinted off into the vascity of the woods, my wolf took chase but we knew there was no use, she was a rarity. A white wolf.