Chapter 2: First day at school

Alarm ringing …

Alarm ringing …

Alarm ringing …

“Aigoo! I’m still sleepy and I don’t wanna go to school” Josephine said while trying to open her eyes.

Someone’s knocking on the door and it was her mom. “Josephine, wake up. You’ll be late for school! Come on take a bath and eat your breakfast” her mom commanded her excitedly as if it was her mom who is going to attend school. She took a bath and changed into casual clothes. She hurried to take her breakfast because she’s almost late. Her mother was already scolding her when they got into the car and her mother drove her to college.

“Run as fast as you can. Good luck dear and enjoy your day! I’ll pick you up later” her mother kissed her on her forehead and she got off the car. She didn’t run instead, she just stared into the huge school which has three buildings. She took a picture and started looking for her classroom. There were no students outside because the classes already started. She had a difficult time looking for her classroom located at the third building. Each building depends on the subjects that the students are taking. The first building is all about Academics specifically Medicine, Architect, Law, and Engineering. The second one is the Sports building where athletes and other sports-oriented students are gathered. And the third building is all about Arts like singing, dancing and acting. She saw her room located on the 2nd floor of the building. She was hesitating to enter because she was so shy and nervous besides, it was really embarrassing to enter the class when it already started.

She looked into the small glass where the professor saw her outside. The professor went outside the classroom and asked her. “Are you Josephine Angeles? The transferee?” he asked. “Good Morning sir. Yes, my name is Josephine. And I’m sorry that I’m late for today” she said while she’s shaking. “I understand because you and your mother just moved in the other day. My name is Professor Kim Jongdun” he held out his hands to her and shook it. She was surprised because she doesn’t know him and yet Mr. Kim knew about them. He must be the one her mom was talking about who made the arrangements for her school. She let her come in to class. Josephine saw that the whole class is wearing their uniforms. The students were surprised that they have a new classmate. They started talking in Korean which makes Josephine even shakier.

“Quiet class. Here is your new classmate. Please introduce yourself.” pointing out to her.

She was trembling and her voice is cracking. “Go..od morning. M..y name is Josephine Angeles” she said.

The whole class greeted her “Annyeong haseyo!”. “Now Josephine, take that seat” as Mr. Kim pointed to the last 2 vacant seats. She was thinking that someone must also be seating beside her and that person must be lazy enough to come to class. She noticed that some of the girls were looking at her and whispers something to their seatmates. They showed her some bitterness when she seated. “What’s their problem?” she thought.

“Annyeong!” a guy on her left side greeted her. She looked at him and greeted him back with a bow. The guy looked so kind and friendly. He looks so tall even though he was just sitting. His long legs indicates that he really have the height. The smile on his face was so natural; his eyes were good enough to know that he’s a Korean and he has big ears. “I’m Chanyeol! And you are Josephine right?” he introduced himself and held out his hands to shake it with Josephine.  “Yes. Nice to meet you” she bowed again. “Yaa~ you’re so formal. Let’s be friends if it’s okay with you” He smiled at her. “Uhhh ne! sure.” She said speaking a little bit of Korean. “Oooh! You speak Korean?” His voice was so loud that made the professor notice them. “Cheongsomnida sunbae-nim” he smiled to the professor and smiled back to Josephine. They were in English class so at first, it was not difficult for her to understand such things since there are also required to speak in English.