Chapter 13

Hey guys :) Sorry for keeping you waiting for a while, I just didn't know what to write. I hope it's good :) Enjoy! 

Oh, and please, do leave a comment or vote. It means so much! :)

The photo on the side is of Jessica :) You'll be meeting her briefly in this chapter.

Chapter 13- John’s POV

I followed Edward out of the corridor, and we started going up the stairs, the destination being his art room, I presumed. I swore my heart was pounding three million times a second at that moment. Edward’s silence was making it worse. What had happened?

“Hey, Ed?” I called. He turned to look at me. “Are you gonna take me all the way to the art room? I have a class at eight, in the other block.” Thank goodness I had that as an excuse.

He looked at his watch. It was around 7.30am, too early for Edward. He usually didn’t get to school until later, sometimes even being late for his own lessons.What can I say, Edward’s one of a kind.

“If you want we can talk here, but for your sake,” he grinned, “yeah, I’d go up to the art room. Besides, it’s still early.” He waved my protests away and continued walking, turning to me once again after a couple of seconds. “Where were you this weekend, anyway? You didn’t keep in touch.”

“I, um, was grading Shakespeare essays,” I said with a stutter. Him looking at me made me feel so uneasy. Damn, I was such a bad friend.

Edward raised an eyebrow once again as we kept on walking up the stairs. “Really, all weekend?” I nodded and he continued, as some students filed past us. “Are you still thinking about Friday afternoon?”

I flinched. Friday afternoon... the time when I was with Ella. Damn, did he know?! How did he know? Did she tell him??

“What?” I croaked out.

He chuckled. “What’s up with you? Friday afternoon, when I called you and you came over and I showed you my dining table with photos, and then you stormed out. Are you still pissed?”

Oh, that. Right. I shook my head. “No. I’m not.”

“Good.” Edward smiled as we stopped in front of the classroom. He took out the keys and opened the door, entering into the room immediately. I walked in after him.

“So what’s this about?” I asked nervously. Man, I was such a coward when it came to talking to people.

Edward sat at his desk and retrieved a file from his bag. I looked on in interest as he seemed to search through it, and finally took out a couple of printed pages. He handed them to me. I took them into my trembling hands and regarded them.

Shit. Someone had taken photos of me with Ella and printed them out. But Ella’s face had been blurred out, so that only I was recognisable. I sighed in relief for that, but obviously was still concerned about who’d taken the pictures. I looked up at Edward, feeling my face redden. He was already looking at me, probably waiting to see my reaction.

“Where did you get these?” I asked.

“They were posted in an envelope. I found them in the letter box Saturday morning. I’m guessing you had a good Friday night?” He smirked. I didn’t reply so he went on. “I know it’s Friday because of the clothes you were wearing, but I don’t understand why I can’t see the face of this mystery lady.” He winked, clearly teasing me. I held on to my serious facial expression, even though I wanted to die on the spot.