Chapter 38 ~ Phone Calls and Afternoon Cuddles

Harrys P.O.V.

"Harry?" Jade called as I entered the house.

After a morning of interviews, I had finally been able come home to my girl.

"Yeah?" I called back as she came to stand in front of me, her eyes glossy and fearful.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I cooed, stepping towards her as she held her phone in her hands.

"I-I got a call, it was from the management team, but I ignored it and turned my phone off, like you said." She explained, shakily.

"Okay, don't panic, kitten. I'm sure it'll be okay." I ensured her, encasing her in my arms.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed, catching me off guard.

"Is it them?" She asked, panic apparent on her voice as I took my phone from my pocket.

Looking at the caller ID, it was them, but I knew I couldn't ignore them.

Our plan was for Jade to ignore all calls from them and to switch her phone off if she had incoming calls from them so it looked like she had left me.

"I need to answer them or they'll get suspicious." I told her, before answering the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke into the receiver as Jade stood in front of me, not daring to say a word.

It felt so wrong. So wrong to have to hide our relationship away like this, but it had gotten to the point where Jade was genuinely scared for us to be seen together, which made me wonder if we'd ever be able to go public again.

"Harry, what are you playing at?" The sound of a mans voice harshly shouted into the receiver.

"What do you mean?" I asked, softly, wondering if this was about the interview.

"Your interviews were a mess, you need to pull yourself together."

"After what you've done to me? It's not that simple." I snapped back, angrily.

"I know your hurt, but you need to focus on your career. It's the best option for you." The man spoke in a softer tone now, almost as if to calm me.

"You know what? In a way, I've done you a favour without intending to. Have you seen how much publicity I caused? You should be thankful after everything you've done." I continued and he scoffed.

"It's bad publicity against us, don't you see that?" He argued.

"It's not about you, it's about me and my publicity, so maybe you should stop being so selfish." I pressed as Jade winced at my tone of voice.

"I'm not having this conversation with you." The man told me, sharply.

"Then why did you call me?" I retorted, taking a hold of Jades hand as I noticed the nerves coming off of her in waves.

"Well, I'd like to know where Jade is of course." He snapped, bluntly.

"She left me because you intimidated her, haven't you noticed?" I countered and he laughed loudly.

"She disappeared pretty quickly if you ask me and she seems like a nice girl, surely she would've said goodbye or sent you a text." He continued.

"She left me a note telling me she was leaving and I haven't heard a word from her since. If your implying otherwise, I suggest you hang up the phone right now." I growled as he sighed on the other end of the phone.

"Can I see this note?"

"Are you actually joking me?"

"No, I'm not. We need to see it, so shall we come around tomorrow for say, eleven?"