Chapter 35 ~ Coming Home

Harry's P.O.V.

Unlocking the door, I stepped inside, not realising I would be back so late, due to the amount of fans outside of the airport.

They hadn't seen us in months, but they hadn't ever met us either, so of course we stopped for them because when the fans have given you something so great by voting for us each week that we were on the X factor, you can't just ignore them. I have a lot to be thankful for.

"Harry?" Jades voice called as I locked up the door behind me before heading into the living room.

The lights were on and Jade was sitting on the sofa with the TV on and my heart pained at the fear that she was evidently feeling, through her expression.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked as she stood up, running up to me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"I didn't think you were coming." She choked out as she started to cry.

"Hey, of course I was coming. I'm so sorry that I worried you, but there were loads of fans outside of the airport and it took a while to meet and greet all of them." I explained, rubbing her back comfortingly as I run my other hand through her hair.

"It's okay, your alright, were okay. I'm here." I cooed.

"Why are we doing this, Harry? Why are we running away from our problem?" She asked, sniffling.

"Because with the way things are at the moment, we don't have much choice. I promise we won't be kept a secret for the rest of our lives though, but you have to give me time to find a way." I said, quietly.

"What if there isn't one?" She asked, pulling away.

She rubbed her hands over her face before running them through her hair, frustratedly.

"Jade, there will be. I'll find a way-"

"-this is exactly what I have been successfully avoiding for years and now somehow and for some reason, I've let it happen. What is wrong with me?" She interrupted, pushing past me and into the bedroom.

"What do you mean? What have you been trying to avoid?" I questioned, following her and placing my bag on the bed.

She sat at the top of the bed, her head in her hands as she pulled her knees up closer to her chest.

I sighed, walking around to her side of the bed and gently sitting down next to her.

I tugged her into me as she tiredly rested her head on my chest, her body resting between my legs as she ran out of tears to cry.

"I-I always wanted a relationship with someone, but when I got to eighteen, I stopped believing it would ever happen. I believed that I was meant to be alone and I wanted to be alone. I didn't want to have to go through the heartbreak and I thought that maybe that's why I haven't met anyone. Maybe that's why as well as the fact that no one seems to want me." She spoke up and I winced at her words.

How could she believe that no one wanted her? Because I knew I did and it was the strongest feeling I think I had ever felt.

"Then I decided that if I ever ended up being asked on a date, I would reject it. Whoever it was, would be better off without me and somehow, I ended up letting you in, way too easily for my liking." She continued.

"But now I'm in too deep and I don't know what to do anymore, Harry." She sighed, blinking back the tears as they appeared.