6: Truth or Dare

Esme:

Julian. That's all I can think of right now. Julian. Julian. Julian.

"Laurier?" I looked up at the teacher and realized that the whole class was staring at me.

"Did I miss something?" I said, and everyone laughed.

"Miss Laurier, I would like to have you know that you were supposed to come up and answer questions 1 through 5. But you just kept writing the name 'Julian' inside your notebook." I gasped and looked around the class. Which period is this again? 4th?

"I-I wasn't doing that because I-"

"It's okay Laurier. A senior crush is no big deal," she whispered.

God, this is so embarrassing. I covered my face with my palms as the whole class kept laughing.

After that abomination, I met with Aelin at lunch. A lot of people question how there's a 16 year old in 12th grade. Well, she's actually a genius so she got to skip a grade. Cliche, yeah, I know.

"Hey, A." I sat next to her while holding my salad. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing a baby pink vintage tank top and torn jean shorts. She looked at me before leaning closer, "I know you like Julian," she whispered in my ear. WHAT!?

"Where did that come from? And I don't! If you're talking about what happened in math, that was a one time accident!" I angrily whispered back.

This is bad. My face is flustered. "I'm not. I'm talking about how you have all of his modeling posters in one of your drawers." She ate a carrot while looking at me with those cat eyes of hers.

"Oh, like you're one to talk. I see the way you look at Rowan. And by the way, he's just the cover of the posters!"

Aelin rolled her eyes and I swear, she smiled. I have an idea. "Wanna play truth or dare during free period? I can invite some more girls and a few boys."

She reluctantly nodded and I grinned.

. . .

"Where's your respect? I'm a girl!"

"That doesn't mean I can't make out with you!"

What's going on? Oh, nothing. Just Beatrix and Liam fighting again.

Beatrix yelled, "Well, you're a bad kisser!" Liam gasped. "You told me you loved our first kiss,"

"Yeah? Well, I lied!" We're playing truth or dare in one of the empty classrooms. There were almost 11 of us here. It was Beatrix's turn and Kylee, one of our classmates, dared her to kiss Liam. He's known as the bad kisser in this big friend group. "Let's just skip this one," I suggested, and thankfully, they both agreed.

"Aelin, you're up!" Beatrix exclaimed. "Actually, I'd much prefer just watching-"

"Bullshit Aelin. We still have 20 minutes left of free period. Let's have some fun!" I shook my best friend's shoulders and she stared at me with a blank expression.

"Let's see..I dare you..." I scanned the room, looking for the perfect match. There he is. "To sit on Rowan's lap for the rest of the game." She was speechless. Rowan had earbuds in so he couldn't hear us.

"No," She shook her head and stayed sitting.

"But-"

"No!" Aelin warned. "A dare is a dare, Aelin. You have to do it." Kylee spoke, and the whole room nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to kill you for this," she whispered in my ear as she stood up. She took off her fingerless gloves and fixed her straight blonde hair and walked over to Rowan who was on his phone.

"Hey," she said. She didn't get a response so she lifted his chin up.

"Hey!"

Rowan looked at her and frowned.

"What are you-"

"This is for a dare, and a dare only." She then proceeded to awkwardly sit on his lap while facing him. Very awkwardly. She threw her hands along his shoulders and scooted.

"You're falling," Rowan said.

Aelin didn't respond, but I guess Rowan took that as a 'yes' card to adjust her. He dropped his phone on the floor and grabbed her hip, adjusting it to fit perfectly in his crotch. And, damn, I think he made a sound that only Aelin could hear.

That worked out just as I hoped it would.

"Who's turn is it?" Everyone turned to me.

"Esme, have you gone already?" Liam said, grinning.

"No.." I said awkwardly. Everyone laughed as I just sat there.

"Who wants to make my dare?" I'm kind of scared.

"Me!" I turned to see Beatrix waving her hand in the air. She's going to pick something dirty.

"Alright! A dare is a dare, what's it gonna be." I said eagerly.

"I dare you to fuck Julian Caddel." The whole room gasped.

Did I hear that right?