Chapter 20

Chapter 20

When I opened my eyes, I was met by a set of steel-gray eyes filled with worry. I blinked the sleepiness away and hummed in satisfaction when he stroked my cheeks.

"How are you feeling, Arden? Do you hurt anywhere?" Mariano helped me up and combed my messy hair. "What do you want to eat, hm? Hal already prepared your breakfast. Oh, water. Let me get you -"

"Babe, slow down. Sit." He obeyed and grabbed my hand, looking at me intently, like a puppy waiting for his next command. Chuckling softly, I squeezed his hand. "I'm fine. There's a numb feeling down there and I might be slightly sore, but other than that, I felt super good last night."

Mariano nodded but the worry in his face was still palpable. "Was this because of what I told you last night?"

He nodded again, his face full of remorse. "Will it make you feel better if I told you I wished I wasn't drunk that night because I regret not remembering how you rocked my world when you took my first?" Mariano must have looked so hot and sexy, just like last night.

Mariano's lips parted in shock. He blinked several times, then laughed hard after. You did a good job, Arden. It's a skill. Mariano looked at me, incredibly amused. "I don't know what to say, Arden, but thank you." The wide grin on his lips never faltered as his eyes shone with delight.

I smiled and opened my arms for a hug. My man did not hesitate and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you, Mariano. Don't beat yourself up; it's not your fault."

He shook his head and nuzzled on my neck. "Not true. I was careless. I'll make them pay."

"Hm? Did you say something?"

"Nothing, baby. Can I stay like this for a little longer?"

I giggled and hugged him tighter. "Of course. Who can resist an attractive man such as you?"

He scoffed and playfully bit my neck. "I love you, Arden, so much."

I swallowed the lump of emotion and hummed in agreement. Our morning was spent with me running my fingers through Mariano's hair while he remained tucked to my side, rubbing my belly from time to time and dropping kisses on my neck and shoulder. Well, until ny stomach growled in hunger.

After freshening up, we headed to the restaurant. Adjoining it was a cozy cafe where some of Mariano's employees were having their breakfast. From my periphery, I noticed Zee and Jin in the corner, with Zee's arms wrapped around Jin's waist, whispering something to his fiancé. I blinked in surprise when Jin hid on the crook of Zee's neck, with Zee chuckling and stroking Jin's nape.

"Mariano, Zee's in the corner-"

"Nope. Believe me, Arden, you wouldn't want to be with Zee right now."

I frowned. "But Zee's my friend. Let's have breakfast with them."

Mariano sported an expression as if I had just suggested that we should heist a bank. He went white, agape, and cursed when we heard Zee's voice. "You'll understand why," Mariano said in surrender and greeted Zee and Jin.

I need to listen to Mariano from time to time. Although Zee was very welcoming, his entire attention was focused on Jin. He would talk to us for a second, but it was very evident that he was so taken with Jin, and the latter was no different. Jin's gaze was only directed at Zee. Although Jin sports a stoic expression, his eyes filled with affection was trained at Zee. Seeing them so in love with each other gave me butterflies until Zee opened his mouth.

"Jinnie, how's your waist? Does it still hurt?" Zee's hand slid on the back of Jin while I snapped my head to Mariano who remained uninterested in the conversation, as if he was used to it. But not me! I am very shocked, in a good way. He was holding a blank look and when he glanced at me, he sighed and patted my head.