18. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

If you haven't voted on previous chapters then go back and vote all the chapters. Add this book to your reading lists!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram. Link is in bio!

Zulaid regretted joking around her. He never wanted to make her cry. He gently held her in his embrace. He rested her head on his chest.

"Stop crying please!" He sniffed her hair. A fruity fragrance touched his nostrils. He patted her back and let her cry for sometime.

"It's alright" He ran his fingers in her hair.

Zulaid was trying his best to be a better version of himself for her though it was very hard for him as he wasn't a soft person by nature. He was different but he was trying as she was an important part of his life now. He wanted to be a better version of himself for his wife.

He always knew that Inara was very immature. It was nothing new for him. Apart from being immature, he found her to be a caring person. She had doing started doing everything Farida and Saman were advising her about the married life. She was trying to be a good wife.

He knew everything would take time and they would eventually settle down but her behavior sometimes seemed weird to him.

He was a doctor himself. He could sense that something was wrong to her. Her mood swings. Sudden outbursts at him. Anxiety. Awkwardness were alarming him.

"Inara! Why are you crying so hard? I was just kidding. I am not going to scold you. Please don't cry!" He moved her back gently and looked down at her face.

"I thought you will be angry at me" She mumbled, looking up at his face. Her face glistened with tears.

"Why would I? I was just trying to joke. Nothing else. I actually like the name you have given me" He wiped her tears softly.

"Really?" She sniffed.

"Yes" He smiled. "But do I actually look like a dracula?" He asked being serious.

"No! You just behave like that" She smiled.

"Oh really!!" He was amazed to see her. One moment before she was crying and now smiling. She didn't try to get out of his hold this time. Instead she rested her hands on his chest.

"Yes! You are always so angry at me. Fuming in anger. You aren't friendly. You don't like to spend your time with us!" She told him.

She badly wanted to say me instead of us.

"No. I just like being serious. There is a difference between getting angry and being serious" He held her hands and took her to the bed.

"You are always like that" She muttered, sitting on the bed next to him.

"And what about you? You are always ready to argue with me" He mentioned.

"What else I can do. We don't share any friendly relationship. You never made one with me. You have always been mean to me" She told him seriously.

"Why do you think about me in such a way?" He asked her. He genuinely wanted to know the reason.

"You made me think like that" She shrugged her shoulders.

"How? What did I do?" He asked dumfounded.

"You don't realize what you did?" She asked hurtfully.

"No. I don't"

"You robbed me of my childhood" She said holding her tears back. It was such an emotional topic for her. She wanted him to know what he had done to her.