5. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

As the weekend approached, Inara felt like she was alive again after being dead for the whole damn week. They had an assessment during the week, for which she had studied hard but when the result came out she couldn't score very well. She didn't fail but also didn't get a high score. She was hurt seeing her result. Whatever she would do, she wasn't able to score well.

Why?

What went wrong every time?

During the past four years of medical college, she had tried numerous times to improve herself but she never got the expected result. Her mind was filled with such thoughts that she was a failure who could do nothing better in life.

It was saturday morning, and she woke up late in the morning. She walked downstairs after having breakfast to get some fresh air. In the lawn, she saw Zulaid sitting on the chair, holding a newspaper in his both hands. In this digital world, he was an old soul who liked to read newspapers. A coffee mug was lying on the table.

Ye aj ghar main kia kar rahe hain. She thought. She couldn't decide whether to move forward or go back to her room.

(What is he doing at home)

"Come! Why are you standing there?" He said casually, folding the newspaper. He put it on the table and held a coffee mug in his hand.

"Shouldn't you be at the hospital right now?" She asked, moving closer to the chairs.

"I have off today" He told her.

"I just came for a walk" She told him casually and started strolling in the lawn.

"You had an anesthesia test on Wednesday" He suddenly asked her.

She nodded but she was surprised he knew everything.

"How did you perform?" He asked further.

"27 out of 50" She had no choice other than telling him.

"Good. At least you didn't fail!" He commented seriously but in a sarcastic way. Inara realized, he was making fun of her.

"The test was hard" She made the same universal excuse every student makes.

"Only for you" He looked at her.

"No, for everyone" She shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't want to hurt you by saying that most of the students performed well and the test wasn't hard either. There was deficiency at your side. You need to understand your weak points Inara! Scoring just 50% in an easy test isn't worthy enough" He made his tone as polite as he could.

She understood what he was trying to say but the question was he took all of a sudden interest in her. She had spent 4 years in medical college in the same way. He never objected before. He might never have looked at her result ever. Then why now?

She simply nodded.

"Come! Sit" He pointed at the chair beside him. She slowly walked near him and sat down. She was a little awkward sitting next to him.

"What's the actual matter with you Inara? Don't you study?" He was genuinely asking her.

"I do study. Not that hard but I do prepare for tests but.." She left the sentence incomplete.

"But what?" He asked softly.

"But I can't score well. Something is wrong in my head. I can't retain things. I don't have much interest in studies like my class fellows have. I think I am in the wrong field" She let it out. She wanted someone to hear her even if it was Zulaid.

"Why did you choose medical then?" He was in America when he came to know she took admission in medical college.

"Papa wanted me to become a doctor like you" She told him the simple reason.