4. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara looked at him with hope in her eyes. She didn't want to get scolded by him, not at least today. He was sitting in the front row. His gaze was fixed at her throughout the presentation. She found him looking at her every time she sees in his direction.

Did he see tears in her eyes which she didn't let roll down on her face?

Did he see her vulnerability?

Does it matter to him?

After all he wasn't just her professor but her cousin.

"Well done Dr. Inara! Good effort" Unexpectedly, he appreciated her plainly, didn't do any cross questioning. He loved to put students in difficulty but today he just stood up to leave the hall without asking anything further.

Inara couldn't believe her ears. She was all ready to be scolded at his hands but he decided to spare her.

Ye dracula itna acha kab sy ho gaya.

(How did he become soft today)

Taras khaya hoga yaqeenan.

(He definitely sympathized with me)

Whatever it was she was relieved when he left the hall.

"Treat yourself with food girl! You look traumatized" A cheeky HO, passed her a cute smile.

"I am" She muttered, pouting.

"Take a chill girl! It happens. Don't need to overthink. You will improve with time" Dr. Suleman assured her before leaving.

"Dr. Suleman is very nice" Inara said to her friends when they all gathered around her after faculty left the hall.

One cannot forget kind gestures from anyone.

"Leave him! Let me tell you. You did great. You were explaining everything perfectly. It was really good" Her friends tried their best to cheer her up.

Inara received an unexpected message, during her class. They were practicing CPR on a dummy in the skill lab. After seeing the message, she herself needed CPR.

Dracula🧛‍♀️: Meet me in my office at 1.30

She recently had changed his contact id from 'Zulaid Bhai😐' to 'Dracula🧛‍♀️'. She loved to use emojis. For him, these were the best emojis she could choose. She laughed loudly when she assigned these emojis to him.

Ya Allah!!!! Why is he calling me? Would he be angry at me? No please!

Sharp at 1.30 she was outside his office. She knocked at the door and prayed he didn't answer but he did.

"Come in"

She walked inside slowly. He was sitting on his chair, eyes fixed at the monitor's screen, dressed in navy blue scrubs. He must have come out of the operation theater. He was on call yesterday. He received an emergency call when they were leaving after dinner. He took the car to the hospital. Taya Abu and Tayi Ami accompanied them in their car and poor Hamad had to book a bike. Cons of having a surgeon at home.

He looked exhausted. He must haven't slept properly after coming back home last night. She didn't have any idea when he came back. She never knew about his whereabouts. Only Tayi Ami had the courage to get used to his messed up routine.

"A jao!" He asked her casually like they were sitting in their living room.

(Come)

"Why did you call me Sir!?" She asked, sat on the chair in front of his desk.