17. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

You were supposed to vote on all previous chapters and not just chapter 16. I want 300+ votes on every chapter as they were in the short stories book. Only then I will update the next chapter.

Special thanks to those 100 people who showed their love on each chapter. You have my respect lovelies💖

Don't forget to add this book to your reading lists.

Zulaid held her gently in his arms. His one arm wrapped around her waist, other one around her shoulder. He was lying on the bed and she was on top of him with her hands on his broad chest.

"Hm-thank you.." She muttered awkwardly and tried to get up but he didn't remove his hands from her body. She tried her best to create distance between them.

Inara's heart was beating erratically. Her mind couldn't grasp what happened in the last few seconds. She was more than shy and embarrassed to be caught in such situation. When did she ever think to be so close to him?

So close that she couldn't breathe in the same air as him.

"For?" He looked at her amusingly.

"Saving me" She again tried to move back but he jerked her to himself.

"Chorain na!!" She closed her eyes tightly, couldn't meet his sparkling eyes.

(Leave me!!)

"First tell me. What were you doing?" He demanded. She felt as he was enjoying the situation. His deep voice had a hint of amusement.

"You-you were behaving differently today-so i thought you might have some problem" She opened her eyes and mumbled, looking at his face.

"Differently. What do you mean by that?" He asked pushing a strand of hair from her face.

Inka dimagh kharab ho gaya hy. She didn't know what to do. She turned her face to the other side.

(He is out of his mind)

"Different means nice. Or piche hatain!" She once again protested to get out of his arms.

(Move away)

"You mean normally I ain't nice?" He took hold of her chin gently and made her look at him.

"Of course not!" She whispered, staring at his neck. She couldn't dare to look up at his face. His eyes were shining today. They didn't hold the usual unemotional state. She couldn't look into them any longer.

He didn't ask anything again nor left her. His eyes were fixed at her who was avoiding him. He could feel she was embarrassed at their closeness. He smiled lightly and moved his hand to touch her face.

She was biting her lip in nervousness. He rested his index finger on her forehead and slowly moved it to her lips making a straight line. She felt as her heart would explode, unable to tolerate this side of him.

He released her lip and caressed it slowly with his thumb. She looked up at him only to find a smile on his face as their gaze met.

His smile was mesmerizing and watching him smiling so closely filled her heart with warmness.

"What are you doing?" She whispered.

"Bachi ho kya tum. Khabi khud bhi kuch samjh jaya karo" He returned the words she said to him at the hospital today.

(You aren't a kid. Understand it on your own)

"Bohat burre hain ap" She lowered her gaze again, understanding the deep meaning of his words.