15. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

"Dr. Inara! Why are you fixed at the door. Didn't I ask you to get the patient's file. Go to the reception, get the file and reach her bed in 2 minutes" The PG asked her strictly.

"Fazila Muneeb" She walked to the reception glaring at the two people she hated at the moment. She said to the receptionist but her eyes weren't at her.

Zulaid quickly averted his gaze from her and cleared his throat awkwardly. Not glancing at her again, he rose up from the chair.

"I have a lecture at 1pm. We will discuss it later at 2pm in my office!" He announced to Azwa and just left the ward.

"Sure Sir!" Azwa nodded at him and averted her attention to the girl standing at the reception.

Her hands were covered in henna. Even in slight make up and a simple pink and skin shalwar qameez, she looked different from usual. She had all the glow of a newly wedded bride.

"Hi! Inara" Azwa passed her a little smile.

"Bye" Inara gritted her teeth, snatched the file from the receptionist, making her shocked for not even doing anything and getting this treatment.

Besharam aurat. Zara haya nahi hy is main. Hi ki bachi ! Issy to dekh loon gi main. She was burning inside.

(Such a shameless woman. She has the audacity to talk to him. I will deal with her)

It was 4pm in the afternoon when Inara reached home with the driver. Her class timings were never in accordance with Zulaid's duty hours so they never traveled together. She used to travel with the driver.

The day was drastic. She was very tired. As she opened the door of her new room, she found him soundly sleeping. A scene appeared in the back of her head and she closed the door behind her with full force.

Zulaid was startled back to consciousness. He looked at her with sleep in his eyes. His hair was messy, fell on his forehead. Eyes red with sleep and tiredness. He looked different than usual. Like more handsome.

"Kiya afat a gai hy?" He muttered distastefully.

(What happened?)

She didn't reply to him. Threw her bag and books beside him on the bed. They landed on the bed with thud. Zulaid narrowed his eyes at her. His mind was still under sleep.

"Don't disturb me again!" He warned her.

"If you have any problem then just leave the room" She told him calmly, removing her lab coat and dupatta.

"It's my room" He reminded her rudely.

"Now, it's mine too" She replied in the same tone as his.

"I was sleeping and you just barged into the room like a mad woman. Try to be a little considerate of others" He said sleepily.

"Like you are considerate of others!" She spat.

"Behave yourself!" His voice was heavy under the effect of sleep.

"So, do you! What the hell was happening in the ward today?" She snapped at him.

Zulaid was fully awake now. It took just a second to realize what she was talking about. He was amazed to see such a reaction from her. She had been more vocal for the past few days than she ever had with him.

"Nothing was happening" He got out of the bed and reached her. "Why are you so mad?"

"What did you say to me that night. I will be a responsible husband blah blah! That's what you mean by being a responsible man. Flirting with your ex!" She didn't hold it inside.