14. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara watched her hand with satisfactory expressions. She actually liked the ring. It was so elegant. She could wear it daily. She slipped it out of her finger and put it back into the box like and placed it on the bed like she never opened it.

Why should I show any eagerness? She thought about looking at the box.

Zulaid closed the dressing room's door behind him. He had changed his white shalwar qameez, now dressed in a t-shirt and black trousers.

"Abhi tak ese hi bethi ho!" He commented.

(You are still sitting at the same place)

"To aur kiya karoon?" She asked unknowingly throwing her hand in the air.

(So what should I do?)

"Get yourself comfortable" He pointed at her dress and walked to the bed. He glanced at the bed distastefully. He wanted to thrash Hamad for making things more awkward for him. He cleaned the bed, petals of red roses landed on the floor.

"I know what to do. You don't need to tell me what to do!" She stated plainly after taking a pause.

Ufff bewaqoof uncha nahi bolna tha. She clicked her tongue.

(I wasn't supposed to say it louder you idiot)

"Easy there!" He asked her plainly.

"I am easy. No need for any suggestions!" She didn't know why she was reacting like that.

"What does that mean?" He left the pillow and watched her back. He couldn't see her face.

"It exactly means the same you have understood" She rose up from the bed and walked to the dressing table.

"What did I say to you that you started behaving like a child?" He thought she was intentionally messing with him, she loved to do that.

"I am a child!" She replied looking at him through the mirror.

"That I know better" He realized a sigh.

"No, you don't know anything" She didn't like him calling her child. She wasn't a kid anymore. He never really understood that she had grown up.

"Can't you speak normally?" He questioned her seriously. He wasn't getting why they were bickering.

"No" She shook her head and started removing her jewellery. She could see him in the dressing table mirror. He was making his bed now.

After freshening up and changing into her comfy night suit, she felt light and comfortable. When she entered the room, she found him lying at the edge of the bed. His arm covered his eyes, the comforter covered his lower half.

Inara looked around in the room. There wasn't a single piece of furniture in the room except the bed, a study table and chair. Neither the floor was covered with carpet.

She gulped down her saliva watching the bed. It was the only place to sleep. She definitely had to share it with him as she had nowhere else to sleep.

She walked towards the bed anxiously after turning off the lights. In the darkness, she hardly found the right side of the bed which was empty. She didn't want to end up lying at him.

Is sharmandagi se to maut bhali hy Ghalib! She took her steps carefully.

(It's better to die than to face this embarrassment)

Sitting on the edge of the bed, she rubbed her hand on her chest. Her heart was racing with anxiety. The idea of sharing a bed with him was making her uncomfortable.