1. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Let's get into some basic terms if you aren't familiar with them as in different parts of the world they are spoken differently.

House Officer aka HO is a doctor working in a hospital who is in their first year after completing their medical degree. They are fresh graduates.

Post Graduate Trainee aka PG is a doctor who is pursuing training in a specific speciality. After training they become consultants.

Kindly vote on all chapters and leave a lots of comments💖

The sun spread its shinny rays in the corridors of Fatima Memorial Hospital, a government teaching hospital that was facilitating thousands of patients everyday. It was one of the biggest and oldest hospitals in the city.

After a long weekend, the daily routine of Final year medical students started again who were now rotated to the surgical unit from the gynea unit. The previous surgical batch was rotated to the peads unit. That's how all the final year batches used to rotate throughout the year. Half of the year had already passed.

The new surgical batch had a student who wasn't very good in studies. Nor was much confident about her medical knowledge. She was among the below average students of her class. Her personality was complex and so was her nature.

She was Inara Ibrahim, a final year medical student who never wanted to become a doctor in the first place but was stuck in this field due to family pressure.

Welcome to the life of an average Pakistani medical student!

"Ya Allah! How will I spend three freaking months in this unit. Surgery is the toughest subject not that I like other subjects. I hate all of them equally but Surgery is a big 'no" Thoughts kept running in her mind. She couldn't focus on anything happening in the ward. She was lost in her own world.

"Inara move yourself and start taking history of your assigned patient otherwise Dr. Zulaid is gonna insult you in front of everyone. I am telling you, He doesn't spare anyone" Her friend, Sama made her realize the situation they were stuck in.

"Yes yes!!" Inara walked to her assigned bed where a HO, house Officer was already examining the patient.

"You are from the Final year?" Dr. Suleman asked her.

"Yes. Sir!" She replied.

"Have you taken his history?" He asked her about the patient he was examining a few moments ago.

"Not yet" She told him, feeling embarrassed. It was her first day in the unit and she wasn't serious about her basics. By the way who gets serious on the very first day.

"It's okay. It's your first day I can understand. I am Dr. Suleman. I can tell you about the patient" He asked her nicely.

"Sure Sir! Thank you!" She was grateful to him for his kind gesture.

All the students were busy taking histories from the patients. House officers were assessing the patients and preparing for the surgeon's round.

"Why haven't you reached Ali!!! Dr. Zulaid will be here at sharp 9. You are dead today. Trust me!" Dr. Hamza, another HO, snapped at his friend on the phone call.

"Surgeon hain ya dracula" Inara thought, rolling her eyes.

(Is he a surgeon or a dracula)

On the other side of the ward, two females on call HOs were gossiping after preparing for the round. Their shift was going to end at 10 o'clock. Right now no one was happier than them.