𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. 𝘍𝘡𝘡𝘛

CHAPTER THREE
FZZT

━━━━━━━━━♡━━━━━━━━━

ANDREA DESCENDED THE FAMILIAR SPIRAL STAIRS THAT LED TO THE
LAB. She was suprised to see Coulson running on a treadmill and Simmons stood beside him, tablet in hand, while she monitored him.

"Morning, guys." Andrea smiled at the two before turning into the lab where she saw Ward stood in front of one of the lab tables with the night-night gun in hand beside Fitz. She looked across the room to see Skye sat on the side of the table with her laptop. Andrea went and joined her, pulling up her stool beside the girl.

Ward turned the night-night gun in his hands before he clasped it with both hands and held it up into the air. "Sorry, Fitz. It's close, but it's just not right." He told the scientist while placing it down on the table infront of him.

"Really? 'Cause Agent Coulson had no problems." Fitz asked.

"It's an ounce too heavy." Ward told him, catching Andrea's and Skye's attention as they turned away from the computer screen.

"An ounce? Seriously?" Skye asked.

"It's the difference between success and failure." Ward told his trainee. "When you're on a rooftop with a 15 mile-an-hour wind, your target is 500 yards away-"

"Yeah, but we do have a rifle." Fitz told him, looking up from the pistol.

"Maybe you should loose an ounce in your hands and it'll balance it out." Andrea shrugged.

"Are you being-" Ward shook his head and turned away from the girl. "Loose the ounce." He told Fitz.

"Yeah, okay. On it." He nodded while Ward left the lab. "Loose the ounce?" He mumbled to himself. "I'm Agent Grant Ward," Fitz began to mock, making the two girls turn their seats to face him. "and I can shoot the legs off a flea from 500 yards, as long as it's not windy." He said as he examined the gun.

Skye and Andrea broke out into laughter, making Fitz look up with a smile on his own face.

"Hey, that's a sound I haven't heard in a bit." He told Skye as he came infront of the girls.

"Yeah, well, you wouldn't be laughing a lot if you were living in Ward's doghouse." Skye told them.

Last mission, they had came across one of Skye's fellow hackers, Miles. Turned out he had sold S.H.I.E.L.D. data for a $1 million and the team had lost trust in Skye.

"You made the rounds, apologised to us all. What more can he ask?"

"I don't know." Skye shook her head.

"He holds grudges." Andrea said, shrugging her shoulders. "One time we were on a mission together and I left my post because I thought I saw the target, which I was right, by the way, but because I left my post he was pissed at me because I didn't have his back when he got attacked and ever since then he's made sure to remind me about it every mission we've had together."

"I know! I've been busting my ass, memorising every S.H.I.E.L.D. protocol manual, following every order 'Yes, sir!' 'No, sir!'." Skye mocked. "I even let them tag me like a stray dog." She said, holding up her wrist to show the metal band she had around it that stopped her from attending to certain materials. "I mean, I know I lied to you guys, but I was trying to protect my boyfriend."