31st chapter

Author's note: hello my lovely readers I'm back with update. Your wait is over now...

This chapter is dedicated to impatient readers who bug me for frequent updates. Finally I can rest at peace.
_________________________________________

𝑴𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒂𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐
𝒊𝒕𝒏𝒊 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒖𝒗𝒂𝒂𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒋𝒊𝒔𝒆, 
𝑲𝒂𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒔𝒐𝒄𝒉𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒊?
𝑨𝒈𝒓 𝒗𝒐 𝒎𝒊𝒍 𝒈𝒚𝒂 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒚𝒂 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒆?

Meera's pov...

I was shocked would be understatement because I was literally shivering to the core when I saw him. I never expected him to be here in India, in front of my eyes at my work place. 

I was never angry with him when he left me. But when I saw him today, I remembered the day when I was running to the airport to meet him for the last time but he didn't even think it's important to tell me he is leaving the country.

Now i understood why I was feeling strange in the morning.

Sometimes you just have to stay silent because no words can explain what's going on in your mind and heart. And this is what I'm feeling right now.

Coming out of his cabin I went directly to the washroom. I splashed water on my face to hide my tears.

I looked in the mirror and it reflected 18 year old Meera. She was crying lying down on the bed covering her face with a cushion. I remembered that day when he left me alone on my birthday.

It took me years to forget him, to get used to his absence.

When I learned to live alone, why is he back. When I wasn't prepared to face him...why is he back? Does everything work according to his wish? Whenever he wants to go he can leave, whenever he wants to come back he can come?

Why is his presence again making me feel alive when i buried myself seven years ago. Why is his presence making me feel safe. Why his mere presence is enough to make me happy even if I don't want to be?

18 years old Meera has lots of complaints but the Meera standing in front of this mirror has no complaints. Because i learned to stay alone. It was hard, it was difficult, it was painful but i learned to walk alone.

And here after 7 years he is again back. Whom should I complain? It's his dad's company and soon will be his. But the weirdest coincidence i never noticed was his surname. Back then I knew his dad was a businessman but I never knew, in the company I've been working for the past four years is his dad's company. Hell I never noticed in these two weeks when Mr Singh told me about him that he also went away seven years ago. He also left this country with his parents seven years ago. When Mr Singh mentioned their surnames. I never paid attention to their surnames.

But how am I supposed to know it. It's been seven years since he went to the USA. 

I washed my face once again and came out. Taking pendrive from my cabin i went to the conference room. There was other officials who were waiting for me. When I entered i found ZDX's chairman Mr Adityanath and his coordinator Mr Shekhawat. Left to the conference table was Mr Singh. And beside him saransh and Rishabh were sitting. Rishabh's mood is disturbed, it's evident from his frown. But as soon as he saw me he smiled a little. I smiled back at him and stood near the projector.

This whole time saransh was staring me intently. I was feeling nervous and conscious under his gaze. It's too intimidating. I averted my eyes from him and connected the pendrive to the projector. Then I started presenting the new project. Almost after two hours of long discussion and argument deals finalized and ZDX's CEO, chairman and coordinator stood up and shook hands with Mr Singh.