[Chapter 8]

Mrs. Kang smiles as she looks at the scale. "You did so well. I think you can eat an apple daily. If you don't gain weight from that you may eat 2 but not more. We can't risk that you gain too much weight." Rania nods and steps off of the scale. "Yeah... Thank you?"

Mrs. Kang just chuckles. "No need to thank me sweetheart. It's your progress not mine. But you're really interesting. You've lost the weight really fast.

How did you manage that? No idol before you lost that much weight in such a short amount of time."

Rania just laughs nervously. "I-i don't know... it just happened... Mrs. Kang..." The small woman sighs. "You've got so much prettier. Your face is really a natural beauty I'd say. You don't look like you got surgery actually..."

Rania smiles lightly at the compliment. It's probably the first compliment that wasn't about her weight. "Thank you. You're right, I didn't get surgery. But am I really that pretty? I don't think I look that Korean to fit into KBS..."

Mrs. Kang chuckles. "You don't need to look Korean to fit into KBS. 90 percent of the Korean population got at least one surgery in their life. Often to get double eyelids."

Her expression saddens suddenly. "You know... this country is always so pretty to the outside but on the inside it's just broken... All poeple care about are looks and your MBTI."

"Internally everyone wants it to end, but at the same time exactly those poeple keep it going. They are the most judging ones."

"Did you notice that all the bridges over Han River have railings that are hard to climb over? This is only one if many tries to prevent poeple from suicide. But that doesn't stop korea from being the country with the highest suicide rate in the world."

Rania stares at her with wide eyes, mouth open in shock. "Where do you know these from Mrs. Kang?"

The short woman chuckles dryly. "There were many Idols who tried. Some of them succeed. Some of them didn't. However. Let's just get back to the point. You have a good weight now actually, it's kinda worth praise..."

-a few days later-

Stray Kids finished their performances for 5-star and some random Korean tv show invited them to be their guest. In the invitation is written that "It would help Stray kids to get more attention and fans" which is sadly not the case and Chan and manager Kim could only sigh at reading that. 

It is more than clear that the tv show will gain popularity because of Stray Kids and not the other way around but JYP wants to save money so now Rania is stuck in a car with 4 annoying guys.

"Could you guys please stop yelling?! it's annoying and I need to concentrate on this." She raises her voice in an attempt to be louder than Changbin which actually does work for a brief second.

Then Changbin starts to yell for food again, the other doing the same while Rania's head is threatening to explode.

Rania looks at her phone and sighs, putting her earphones on her ears to block out her surroundings and be able to learn her text properly.

-about an hour later-

Rania sits down on the couch in the middle of the TV studio, Chan sitting on her right and Felix on her left. All of them wear random Nike clothes so JYP would make money for promoting the brand.

Seungmin, Hyunjin and Minho were sitting on the other side of the couch while the rest of the members  (Changbin, Jisung, Jeongin) sat down between them.

[This kind of couch but in white]

Rania puts on a sweet smile, while the Interviewer begins the show. Hopefully this will be finished on the first take and they won't need to film this over and over again.

"Hello Viewers! Today we have special guests..." The Interviewer kept talking about what a honor it is that they came but Rania was too zoned out to react.

"How come you joined Stray Kids Maya?" The question pulls her out of her thoughs. As she stares at the Interviewer wide eyed and startled. "I-i am sorry."

Minho sighs annoyed. "I wish I could airfry but that would ruin your makeup and we'd stay even longer in this muddhole."

The Interviewer narrows his eyes at Minho, realizing that Minho was completely serious when calling the studio a muddhole but then gives the camera a sign to start again.

And then they go through everything again. Just this time Rania answers in a nice and normal voice. "It was kind of a coincidence."

Rania stops for a brief second, trying to remember what she is supposed to say. She chuckles lightly and then starts talking again. "I was a trainee for some time now... and on the selection day I got noticed by JYP which was the... the... the spark for the fire..."

Rania cringes internally at her words. Who tf invented this speech? A SPARK?! Like how does that sound? Is this supposed to be poetic? Who did JYP hire to make this speech?! Rania keeps talking calmly. "He decided not to waste any time and to make me debut as fast as possible. So here I am."
-
A/N

Yes, here she is!
If anyone is wondering, a selection day is a day where all the trainees perform and show their skills so the company knows how good the trainees are and knows who to kick and who to keep.

Anywaysssss If you have any questions just drop them in the comments or text me directly.

This chapter was really hard for me to write so yeah... it's kinda short. I hope you like it and if that's the case then please vote for this chapter.

Thanks for reading you guys really motivate me to keep writing this book and I have so many ideas even tho I struggle to write them down sometimes. Also we hit 400 reads!!
Bye loves!