Mission Assignment

The largest part of the tree made up the common place, it was all carved wood with lots of moss and mushrooms growing around.  The room held a bunch of raised benches with cushions and chairs scattered around the wide space. To the left was  kitchen and ar table, opposite of it was a huge window. The roof stretched high above into a dome and held scattered windows, hanging vines and platforms covered in blankets and pillows. 

"Woah," Bekura and Cole said in quiet awe. 

Perseus smirked, "It's one of the best rooms in Venator Arbor," He looked very proud of that fact. 

The other hybrids and Elements went to various tables around the room, Azri, Maddie, Luke and Nevaeh sat to the left of the center table, Thalia, Nico, Luca and Nimona sat to the right of the center table. Leaving Cole, Bekura and I to take one side of the center table and Perseus, Hadrian and Draco to take the other side. 

"So," Hadrian said, straight to it. "What did you need Lloyd?" 

I sighed softly, "We, I, need you to find a few of the last elements I need for the portal ritual." I explained, addressing the whole group. 

"How many?" Nimona asked in excitement. 

"Earth and Ghost," Cole replied. 

And I continued, "Crystal, Magnetism, Healing, Animate, Weapon, Size and Music, are all that is left to find. And I need all everyone out there looking for them." They nodded. 

"Do you have any ideas where they could be?" Perseus asked, getting as much information as possible. 

"Ghost and Earth could be anywhere as of now and I believe a few are on the dark island. The rest are hidden around Ninjago very well." I listed off to the group. 

Hadrian and Perseus began making fast hand movements back and forth, discussing to each other. 

"We'll track down the ones in Ninjago, -" Perseus finally said. I began to interject but Hadrian cut me off, who I sent a small glare before nodding. 

"We will stay out of hybrid form, so don't worry," He smirked in challenge to my glare. 

"I do believe you have something to take care of first, before sending anyone out," Azri snarled softly, still managing to sound annoyed with us. 

"Right, um...." I trailed off before starting again, "Luke come with us, we'll head to the Mountain and create a pathway here so we care travel freely." 

"Perfect," Hadrian and Perseus purred in sync before sending a glare at the other. 

"We'll be back here by sunset," I shook my head at the two's antics before standing and making my way to the exit. Luke, Cole and Bekura followed after me. We reached the flight platform before I was stopped by the young Feline Element, glancing behind her I could feel the glare of Azri. 

"I know where the Crystal Element is, Azri made me promise not to tell anyone, but I know this is important." She rushed out, slightly nervous. "She lives back in our," She gestures to Azri before moving on, "Village, it's called Starmere and in the North-West." 

I crouched down to her level, "Thank you Maddie, I'll send someone out to get her. Would you mind telling me her name?" I asked gently. 

"Amani, but they call her Omen. Her half brother Eli or Virus is a pisonipath elf and locked down the village after we disappeared and nobody has been able to get in since." Maddie paused hesitantly before glancing back at Azri who sighed and walked over. 

I stood up as she neared. "Amani," They said angrily, "Defended her brother after years of tormenting me and everybody else, but none of them cared what he said to them. But I did," They snarled. "If anyone is going, I am going to kick his ass." 

I nodded sharply, "It's not my first revenge mission. You will be with the group that goes." I turned back to my group and the ledge. 

"What was that about?" Cole asked, curiosity getting the better of him. 

By the way he flinched back slightly, Azri had sent a glare his way. "We have the location of the Crystal Element." 

Luke smiled softly, "I'm guessing your taking Azri with you to kill a few people?" He stated it more than asked it. 

"Yes," I nodded. 

"Good," He smiled. "They need some punishment for what they've done." 

"Bekura, you take Luke ahead and I'll keep pace with Cole for now," I directed the group. 

Xe nodded before transforming, "Let's go," Luke carefully climbed onto xyr back and they flew ahead of us. 

Cole and I took off, Cole changing on the ground and me doing it in the air. 

Morro POV 

"Where had that hothead boy gone to now?" I muttered before consulting the Mountain. "What do you mean he's gone" I snarled out loud. 

I let out a whistle like a crack of thunder, not a minute later two zooming blurs appeared. 

"What's up, Morro?" Jay and Capala asked in sync. 

"I need you to find fire boy for me, the Mountain says he's not here, but there's no way for him to leave." 

They both nodded. 

"North side!" Jay yelled out. 

"South side!" Capala countered before they were both gone in a flash, their lightning trail electrocuting the air as they zoomed off in either direction. 

"Lloyd is going to kill me," I muttered. We need both Elements that Kai currently holds to complete the ritual, we need that for the plan to work out. 

Kai POV 

I ran faster than I knew I could with these new legs that definitely were not meant to be mine, I would try and use the wing that were now mine, but I'm not face planting. So I ran as fast as I could, clearing entire rivers and boulders. 

I reached a familiar looking Mountain, I climbed to the top of it. There at the top were the ruins of the Temple we used to give Lloyd his Golden Master powers. All those happy memories we had with Lloyd, now they were tainted by what he had done. 

I collapsed to my knees a top that lonely and destroyed Temple, I felt so empty and hopeless. How could I fight the one I saw as my brother, the one I had protected and shared so many memories with. Lloyd was lost now. 

A roaring scream tore free from my throat, all the things I had once felt for Lloyd disappeared into the wind. I couldn't save him anymore. 

The wings I had been given snapped open and I dove off the Temple, I crashed into the sea on unsteady wings. The water creeped into my lungs and I did nothing to stop it; but the water was just like air and did no harm to my body. 

Darkness over took my vision in my hopelessness and I lost all sense of being. 

Cole POV 

I really hope that Kai will come to terms with Lloyd and even Morro, I think he's too stubborn and blames the Hybrids for Nya's death. I would too. 

"Lloyd," I growled to the younger boy. 

"What?" He hummed over the rushing wind. 

I hesitated slightly, "Do you think Kai will be ok?" I questioned. 

He thought about it, silent other than the wind and steady wing beats. "I honestly don't think he will be, especially after Nya." He looked to the sky, "Loss really changes a person, sometimes you can't go back to how you were before." 

The sky began to rain softly, before we soared above the clouds to watch them gently pour down to the ocean like tears. 

Hi, I am back! Sorry for not updating guys, I finally got around to watching Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss which are amazing and I have ideas for. Anyway hope you like the chapter. 🐆

- Azri out