Masters of Elements

Morro POV

Neuro's hideout was under an abandoned town in the middle of a forest, his hideout had an intense security system. For any other person it would be impossible to get into, but I'm not anybody or a person really. 

Approaching the edge of the cameras, I slipped into the wind, Mistral kept lookout for anyone coming to the hideout. The wind here was wild and erratic. The speed of the wind here was low today, the wind still wanted to push me around and send my body across the world. 

Slipping under the door and into the base among the ruins. I completely calmed my mind and threw up my mental shields. Dragons have a hive mind with those they are allow or are close with, me and Lloyd took turns trying to break into each other's minds. Lloyds mind shield was like his dark energy and was both offensive and defensive. Once you tried to force your way in, the next time you tried to enter the energy would push you out before you got to it. 

My mind shield was more offensive, when you tried to enter the shield you would get lost in a thick fog. This fog hid the real shield made of a swirling tornado. 

With shield up I snaked through the base, down corridors and past rooms, Neuro was in the farthest room form the entrance. I could feel the air around him, creating an obstacle in the air flow.

Rounding the corner into the room I found him practicing combate in a training room. He wore a dark tan ninja suit, he was fighting a combat mech. He expertly took down the mech and turned to where I hid in the wind. 

He narrowed his eyes. He knew I was here, or more specifically that someone was there. He reached for the bow and arrows hanging from the wall. He strung the arrow and pointed it at where I was. "Come out now. I know your there," Neuro called, watching the entrance that I was lurking in. 

I drifted across the room and he followed my movements, he must be able to sense where a person was. "Mr. Pale, if that's  you, this joke isn't funny," He called out again. 

"Neuro," I said, finally deciding to talk to the Mind Master. "I partner would like to talk to you." 

My voice shocked the Master of the Mind, the distortion echoing in on itself. Carried out from the wind I hid myself in 

"No," Neuro retorted. "Show your mind to me to prove yourself," He bargained. 

"Me talking to you is the kinder offer. I could, and still might, take you unconscious," I dropped my voice to a growl. 

Neuro gulped nervously at the threat, he still had fear, despite training. Holding his bow poised in front of him, he took aim right at where i was. 

"Shoot me. I dare you," I growled, wanting to see what he would do. He stood there, watching, he still couldn't see me. 

He finally spoke. "Your mental shield is quite impressive, but you can't stay in the mist forever. You have to let up at some point." Ha! What an idiot, he still thinks he has the upper hand. I'll show him he's wrong. 

Forming out of the mist, in a quick movement that was faster than he could react to, I was behind him. I grabbed the Neuro's neck and snarled in his ear, "Lloyd would like to talk to you," I knocked him out and re-entered the wind, dragging Neuro in with me. 

Navigating through the base I headed back to Mistral. Passing under the exit door, I called out to the wind element. Mistral came in from the northern sky.

"You have the Mind Master?" he whispered it like a question, but he knew I would never come back without getting Neuro. Strapping Neuro to Mistral's saddle bag We took to the sky, racing one another. Speeding faster and faster. Becoming a half dragon was the most freeing thing that ever happened, but this was a close second. 

We could travel across both islands multiple times a day, we were the wind. 

Despite wanting to fly all day long, our mission wasn't finished. Landing inside the dark mountain, I glanced at the torches around the room. The were all purple with some green; this either ment that Lloyd was here or he was forced to use his really powers. 

I would find out soon, I still had to take Neuro to the dungeons. Before I could head down the hall one of the dragons jumped down from the lower caves. He was a dark tan and had gold and black stripes like a tiger, he was built for quick escapes. His horns were long and black in colour. His tail was like a whip thrashing around anxiously and he had feathered wings that move in an anxious way. 

The Element of the Mind: Cato. He was always anxious and watching others minds. 'Where are you taking the Mind Master?' He mind spoke, more of a demand than a question; despite being anxious he was confident when he knew what he was doing. 

"To the dungeon until Lloyd has the ceremony ready," I answered honestly, it would do me no good to lie and have an angry mind dragon. That if angry enough and me caught off guard, could control my mind. 

The Element of the Mind could be extremely powerful, if you connected with your Element, which was your dragon.

'May I go with him?' Cato questioned, hopefully. 

"Not yet, Cato," I responded truthful. "But soon," With that I continued on to the dungeons, Neuro floating behind me on the wind. 

I really shouldn't call it a dungeon when really they were built to contain each Elemental Master, while still allowing them to slightly use their powers. No need for them to have a repeat of the Tournament of Elements, feeling powerless leads to anger and drastic measures. Each room was quite comfortable and acomabated each Elemental Master. 

The same with the caves, when they become half dragons they have caves already made up for them. Each to maximize their connection to their powers. 

I opened the door to Neuro's cell, his room had slight traces of vengstone in the walls to keep him from reading the minds of the people outside the walls. We can both put up shields around our minds, but it takes up some energy and over  time get exhausting; so until the ritual takes place he has to stay here. I put Neuro on the bed on the left side of the room, it was all dark muted tones and there was a sparing post on the opposite side. Other than that there was books on shelves around the room and other thing to keep oneself occupied, the most notable and out of place thing was the 'Element of the Mind' book open to the chapter on dragons. 

Lloyd must want Neuro to see that, I might as well leave it. 

Closing and locking the door behind me I went back to the main hall. All the torches were back to green, that means Lloyd must have been forced to use his powers. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

To the people who are reading this thank you. I wonder what happened to Lloyd, well I know, but that's for you to find out. Also if you want more greenwind stories go check out @stabbybat