Chapter 11 - What a Calamity

Not edited
Nov 5. Monday

MONIQUE DALIAH BANKS | Nique POV

I stare at the building while trying to mentally compose myself. Although its been only a month and some weeks since I've been here I still have the same feeling.

Anxious and nervous.

Stepping out the car I walk into the place and people snap their heads to my direction. I keep my head straight walking towards Yasmine. She greets me with a formal smile before turning on her heel.

She begins updating me on the business' performance since I was gone and as usual its still blooming,

I walk into my office and was immediately yanked by Yasmine.

"Girl I'm so glad you're back I was trying my best to stay professional," she rest her head on my shoulder and I pat her back.

"I'm sorry for leaving y'all like this," I chuckle as she fake sniffs.

"No babe you needed the vacation," she says rubbing my shoulder before moving towards her desk and I stare at her ass.

"Gabe putting in the work," I look away refering to her boyfriend and she looks back at me confused.

I uses my eyes to point at her butt and she looks down before laughing. "Girl stop I'm just hitting the gym more often," she giggles.

Mhm anything yuh seh

Sitting around my desk I immedietly got to work.

"So we need to attend a party today as they've been requesting your presence and more than likely they will be trying to partner up with us as we're seen to be a smaller company and there will be a lot of business owners their looking for partnership so you'd have to interact with those people more than others..." she continues to explain how we're in the era were we can update a few things.

"Okay so party, visit with Ms Harlo and dinner with the Johnson's, anything more?" I ask keeping my eyes on the computer.

"Yes uhm an invitation from Yasmine Brown soon to be Harrison to attend a wedding a month from now," my hands pause from typing and I look at her with wide eyes as she grins.

Holding up her hand she shows me the ring and as I notice we start screaming.

"I'm so happy for you," I smile hugging her.

"I'm happy too I'm gonna be a wife, whew," she laughs and I join her.

"Congratulations babe," I say smiling.

The phone began ringing and we move away from each other. Moving back to my desk Yasmine answers the phone and I check the time on my phone.

Someone will be visiting and although she will inform me when they're here I need to be mentally prepared which would take about an half an hour or so.