Chapter 3 - Zayn

MONIQUE DALIAH BANKS| Nique POV

I sit on Zid's bed while she fixes her hair. I wipe my tears trying to stop thinking about what could've happened if I didn't reach on time.

After dealing with the men only one escaped so we had to wait out before we could come back home. The police came afterwards to check the place and kids were injured but none died.

It's been a 2 weeks but I'm still triggered.

Mom suspects that something happened but we managed to convince her otherwise not sure if it worked but we'll just have to hope it does.

"Zid come now Diane reach, Monique mi baby we ago leave now so keep you self safe ere," mom said as I hug her one last time.

Zid wanted to go to Duns River since she hasn't traveled in a while. I was going to take her but I woke up not feeling well. She didn't want to leave without her mommy so mom and Auntie Diane will be with her.

"Enjoy you self ya mumz," I hug Zid as she smiles widely. That's what I want to see.

"Take care a yuh self n nuh dead or mi will come revive yuh and kill yuh miself," she says hugging me as we rock side to side. We laugh before I walk them to the gate.

After bidding everyone goodbye, I close the door and ascend upstairs.

I plop myself on my bed about to close my eyes when my phone rang.

LOVIA💍🤧is calling

Picking up it instantly became a three way call.

"Yuh eat yet young miss?" Jes asks holding a spatula in her hand. "No," my eyes were starting to close.

"Yuh cya go sleep pon hungry belly babygirl how much time mi fi tell yuh," I hum and she sighs shaking her head.

"Try eat something please babes," Naomi says her voice shaking with concern. I drag myself if the bed heading to the kitchen.

As soon as I step foot in the kitchen I heard someone knock on the door. Peeking through the peephole I saw someone who I almost was moving scarce these days.

I open the door and his smile fell from his face. "Why yuh look so pale?" He asks as he walks inside placing the bags on the table and holding my face in his hands.

"She nah eat dats why,"Via says and I remember we were on a call. "Soon call unuh back,"I hung up and remove my face from out of his hold, avoiding his deep stare.

Before I could walk away he grabs my arm, dragging me to the living room to sit on the sofa. Opening on of the bags he brought he took out a box food and a D&G.

Without saying a word he opens the box and began feeding me.

"Mi can feed mi self," I say drawing back while looking at the spoon pointed in my face.